xisto Community
round

Sprint Voip anyone using spints voip service

I'm thinking about moving over to voip. Sprint is offering this service and i was wondering if anyone here has made that same move. Is is worth the money they're charging or should i just sign up with some service online which would be cheaper but i'm not sure how reliable that would be.
round

You are thinking to move to voip also for mobile and fix calls or just for pc->pc calls?
I am using Skype for PC-PC calls and works really great. To make calls to fix and mobiles works but the quality is worst. I heard that Xten works really good.
Here you i post you a link to VoIP software:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Where can you download skype?So with it can you call over PCs?How do they know your calling?I heard you can transfer files across aswell.Is it really that great?(thankx in advance for the answrs to my questions :lol:)

for pc to pc i just use msn and yahoos built in voice chat, its the same thing pretty much, and sometimes i can use it as a videophone, so yeah.I did know where skype was but i forgot it again, because i tried to get it but it didnt work on my pda, lol

Few of my friends have Vonage (you can even see their ad in this forum) and they love it. I personally did not and will not consider because I have my cell (mobile) phone. I knew a long time ago the marketing strategy for these big cellular service companies so I exploited them. I now have 1500 anytime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends (and I don't need text messaging, video and picture messaging, web access) for just under $30 USD. I think that's pretty good.Anyway, I'm getting side tracked here. Please remember that if you experience a power outage, your VoIP will not work. Why? Since the VoIP device is powered from electricity outlet and your router as well, once the power goes out you cannot use your phone. The landline is powered so even if you experience a power outage you are alright. Be sure to pick up backup-power supply (UPS).

Where can you download skype?

https://www.skype.com/en/

So with it can you call over PCs?

How do they know your calling?

You can call from PC-PC total free. It works like a messenger. You add contacts and when they are online you can call them. I just headphones and it is really confortable. When someone calls you a pop up windows appear and a ring tone sounds. Like normal telephone. You can also call from PC to fix or mobile phone with skype. For that you have to pay (but it is really cheap) and the quality is it not as good as PC-PC calls.

I heard you can transfer files across aswell.

Is it really that great?

142674[/snapback]

You hava an integrated instant messaging service but i do not know if you can transfer files. For PC-PC is really great.

i was also thinking about using pc to pc calling but the voip is more like a regular phone. It uses your high speed internet connection instead of your phone line to make calls. You use a regular phone to make your calls and not your pc, no mic or anything else. I was wondering if anyone had made the switch yet?round

https://www.skype.com/en/

You can call from PC-PC total free. It works like a messenger. You add contacts and when they are online you can call them. I just headphones and it is really confortable. When someone calls you a pop up windows appear and a ring tone sounds. Like normal telephone. You can also call from PC to fix or mobile phone with skype. For that you have to pay (but it is really cheap) and the quality is it not as good as PC-PC calls.

You hava an integrated instant messaging service but i do not know if you can transfer files. For PC-PC is really great.

143314[/snapback]

Thankx Alot :rolleyes:

I'm downloading it now and am gonna get ma gf to get it then try it out