xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
round

Just Made This just made this

this is a site i recently designed for someone. It's boring, clients boring but still here it is. now mind you i did in a day or two so but just wanted some feedback from people. cause i'm bored and i really really need to post.
markus252.com

round

its in the 'Macromedia Flash & Fireworks' section lolIt is a 'Flash' site, Dreamweaver is mainly a coding program, with a way to preview it :( Thats how i think of it :lol:

Pretty nice overall design. If I were you, I would try to increase the frame-rate, as I enjoy watching very smooth animations. Other than that, I like the color selection and the layout of the content on the site. Good job!AmeriBass

These people are a design company and they got someone else to design their site for them? :lol:

I'm personally not a fan of all-Flash sites. There's just no need if you're not presenting real animations as opposed to text sliding in etc.

Also, is the majority of your text imported from HTML files or is it embedded in the Flash movie? Cos if it's embedded, it won't show up in any search engines.

As for the design itself: it's pretty good and works smoothly except that none of the dropdown links to corporate identity, designforprint or stationerycreation work from the home page.

I also think it's unnecessary to have two prominent sets of links going to the same place on the home page. And the grey box above the copyright notice is just a waste of space unless you have plans to do something else with it in the future. If not, I would've thought you'd be better off using that space to display bigger images on the various projects so that it's easier to make out the detail.

I made the site completely in flash, it seemed much simpler that way. The company does mostly print design and branding they haven't branched out into the web yet if ever. This project is like never ending with all the changes they've wanted. I'm mostly responding the post above, cause i would agree with everything they said but the client wanted it that way and that's the way it got done. One of the drawbacks to getting paid to design a site for someone.

As for the search enging stuff. I haven't really had a problem ranking flash site, just make another html one and your all good.

round

Hi, just checked out the site. Pretty good use of Flash, I must say. Like the colour scheme and it looks very simple! Not everyone may say so, but I think it's a good design. Keep up the good work!

hi there .. i've visited the site .. nicely done i must say .. but it's only good for viewers but not the search engines .. search engines doesnt read flash .. so it's not good in the perspective of SEO by desigining the whole website with flash .. but the site is really nice

I like the simplicity of the design, but, as was mentioned earlier, there is a large amount of wasted space. On my screen resolution the images are very small and it is impossible to see any detail. Could you possibly get the site to detect your screen res and adjust accordingly? Just an idea. The colour scheme is good and everything blends well. Overall a nice site, apart from no listings in search engines.

have I ever said that your stuff is amazing?I think your website is the best site hosted by trap.. it's amazing, your design and flash works are awesome! I really admire you and your skills :rolleyes: it's incredible.