xisto Community
C2C

Matsunichi I-mat Pocket Pc Anyone ever heard of this?

About a year ago my sister went a bought a Pocket PC from Fry's. She, like some women, didn't know what a Pocket PC was except that it's portable. So...now she 'gave' me her Matsunichi i-mat ppc since she doesn't use it anymore. I haven't found any sites that talks about the i-mat because most of the sites are in Chinese. Have anyone heard of this ppc cause I sure haven't.

ive never heard of it, and i dont know how to read chineese let alone my computer cant even display it. so do you have it right now? how is it? how old? what os version? sry im kinda curious about this mysery ppc, lolto find the os version go to start > settings > system > aboutthat will also kinda tell u how old it is too.

Yup, I do have it right now and its still in almost mint condition even after about 6 months or so. Well here is what it says in the settings:*Microsoft Pocket PC 2003 verision 4.20.1081At the home site (which I just found on google)*Intel PXA 263 300mhz*IO Interference SIR irDAThat's pretty much all I know from the site and the ppc itself. The rest are all features and misc. stuff.

Never heard of it, sorry... but that doesn't surprise me because I'm not all that up to date on my little toys and gadgets. I've love to go out and buy me some though, eventually and get right into that whole world. As close to portable as I've gotten so far is a laptop... Anyway, the first thing that came to mind when I read your post title was I-mat, I-mat.... I've heard that somewhere before. But then I came to my senses and realized that I was thinking I-mat... I-pod... hear the similarity?I could be reading too much into this because all I hear about at home is I-pod this and I-pod that... (my sister just went out and bought one a few weeks ago and she totes that little thing around with her everywhere lol...)Anyway, best of luck with your quest to find out all you can about your new pocket pc :lol:

thats a generally new model, it has the same os as mine, and if im not mistaken a better processor, nice catch m8 :lol:oh and that irDA means that you can control tvs, you just have to find the software, i might be able to help because i did have a program for that, but it may have been deleted, just pm me if you want me to check into it.