xisto Community
nagu

Setting Up A Site In A Linux Pc

here is my problem...i have a linux PC installed with redhat 9. i want to run this as an server in my intranet and run phpnuke What all the things required? like PHP, Apache etc...software requirements like this.if i have the lates version of PHP, MySql, Apache, perl. Is that enough? i have heard about the some modules in PHP like pear module etc.. Like this what all the modules i require or all these things are bundled with latest version of PHP.In order for this send mail to work, Do i need anything to do in my server.(its a intarnet network...with DHCP) like opening a port etc..can any one please help me in getting answers for these questions.nagu

I tried that on my server PC,I even installed WHM/C-Panel trialAnd hosted fake accounts with 127.0.0.1.I use EasyPHP which has everything installed so you only need to run the installer.You might need something,I installed invision on localhost and got errors but it worked fine. Xisto may have some addons like Zend optimiser<I dout they'll have this one, Its rubbish but the only example i can think off.Try asking server staff if they have any addons that you need.Thanks, If i helped?

mbd, you're talking about Windows, but he's talking about Linux. For your Linux situation, you need a MySQL database since PHP-NUKE REQUIRES IT!xboxrulz

Yes, Download EasyPHP it is for linux too, It includes PHP, Apache, PHP MyAdmin,ect. Everything you need to set it all up.