xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brandice

One-upmanship im sicker, im happier

I've got an overwhelming urge to vent about my number one pet peeve. There's someone very close to me who is guilty of this all of the time. Whenever I have a problem and I tell her about it, she responds with a worse problem Whenever I've ever been sick or hurt, she's had something twice as bad. (and she'll explain it in very graphic detail, too) If anything good happens, something twice as great happens to her.Me: I just hit my funny bone! Her: If this toenail infection doesn't go away I might have to have my foot amputated.Me: Tim finally asked me out.Her: Kelly told me that Kevin bought me an engagement ring!!!Me: Tim stood me up. Her: Kevin gave the ring to Kelly.Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but every single day this happens. I just wish it was possible to talk about anything without having it turn into a conversation about her.