xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sunkist

Backward Links

Hi:

I sure hope somebody is able to help me with this one. I understand that google page ranking depends in part on the number and quality of pages clicking to you.

When I search on yahoo for links to my site, I get a lot more links to:

http://histology-world.com/

than I do to:

http://www.histology-world.com/

Yet they both are my site. I do not want to have my links diluted by having two sites (one with the www and one without the www). Should I only have one URL and delete the other one? (If i can...not sure I know how to do this).

Google gives my page without the www a higher page rank (makes sense...a lot more incoming links to it). So it looks like google does not know they are the same page. Please help. Any suggestions?

Sunkist

Hi sunkist,
you might want to check out the "Yahoo optimization" pages over at
SEO Chat.
I'm sure I seen you question answered there.. OR at least discussed many times.
Hope this helps,
RGPHNX

all the www realy means is 'default' to it sends the person to the default server, seach engines are quite smart in the fact that they place a www in front if there is not one :) or if there is a subdomain then it will use that url... so, i wouldent worry, you only have one domain, and subdomains too if you do.