xisto Community
Red Pheonix

Blue Laser Pointers

Now we have blue laser pointers, before you know it we will have all the colours of the rainbow. But enough about that i have found information on blue laser pointers, they are supposably brighter than green lasers which usually have a wave length of 543nm but these blue lasers have a wave length of 488nm. But visually our eyes are more sensitive to green pigments. i dont know if the blue lasers are brighter but if anyone here has seen one and can compare to green lasers than please share your knowledge.

mm... i've never seen the blue laser pointer... but i watch TV and i see the blue laser... is it different?

mmm... i like the blue one than the red one.. cause i love blue... :D:(i feel comfortable with the blue one.. :lol:

The blue diodes cost $3,000 each.The optics used for generation of blue laser light are less efficient and more expensive than those used for green, blue DPSS laser modules are still horrendously expensive.

As said before the blue laser is awsome compared to the red laser. I'm not sure if blue is brighter than green though. I have seen some industrial lasers that give off a different color and they are brighter and they have a shorter wavelength, at least I think. So whatever one has shorter wavelength is most likely brighter.

blue LEDs look much cooler than green or red as would probably lasers, but I would definately not recommend shining a laser directly to your eye as you'll potentially go blind. Home use lasers such as the ones in CD players are less dangerous since they are low powered and you can blink before any serious damage is done, but its still dangerous.Oh and laser doesn't really have brightness but rather intensity, because it is actually invisible. (check the above pic, you see no beam except where it hits) The blue lasers are going to be use in the new generation Bluray (hint: the name) and HD-DVD media because they are more focused and can read from smaller tracks, hence the increase in capacity.

blue LEDs look much cooler than green or red as would probably lasers, but I would definately not recommend shining a laser directly to your eye as you'll potentially go blind. Home use lasers such as the ones in CD players are less dangerous since they are low powered and you can blink before any serious damage is done, but its still dangerous.

Oh and laser doesn't really have brightness but rather intensity, because it is actually invisible. (check the above pic, you see no beam except where it hits) The blue lasers are going to be use in the new generation Bluray (hint: the name) and HD-DVD media because they are more focused and can read from smaller tracks, hence the increase in capacity.

142356[/snapback]

is there a difference between brighnes and intensity

I like the blue because its easyer on the eyes and blue kicks *bottom* oh yea but are they worth buying though even though I love pointer laser pens at teachers and going oh no an alien and I dash out the door to home and watch anime all day and play videogames on my pc yea thats how its gonna go down in history with me the greatest escape artist names Erick you will all fear my name.=Mech=