xisto Community

This morning as I was sitting in my office I got this deja vu and it was as if I had already lived the moment that I was experiencing. However, this is not the first time it happens. In fact, I have experienced many of them in my life time and I always wonder what causes this phenomena in our brain. Is it that we are experiencing a moment that we have forseen or is it just our brain not processing the info fast enough and so it feels as if we are remembering something that we are experiencing at that very moment?Whatever the answer maybe, I am still amazed at the strange feeling that comes over you everytime you experience a deja vu. For a brief moment you question your senses, time, destiny, and life itself. It is a very elusive and mystical experience that always gets me thinking. Or maybe its just a big glitch in the Matrix....hahahaha. Just kidding. Feel free to share your experiences about Deja Vu.

That sort of thing happens to me everyday...especially when I'm kind of zoned out. I would just sit there in class, and suddenly just experience it. Leaves me kind of confused/puzzled for a bit.

Well, if you are sitting in your office every day, then you are reliving the same moment again and again!I had some very weird experiences with Deja Vu myself, but in my DREAMS! It's quite confusing: "Hold it right there! I dreamt this before!", and I wake up in the middle of the night convinced that I have really dreamt that dream before! Very strange...

I had Deja Vu countless times, and I can't remember it all. I was flipping the pages of a book, and I had a friend beside me, when I suddenly told her after I got a strange feeling, I had a dream about this before! It all seemed so precise... Plus, when my mom and I went somewhere, I felt it again... "I dreamt about this!" I guess those were forgotten dreams that become a reality when you experience this.My advisor took it to another level. She went somewhere, and she dreamt about it before. She knew where things are, even though she's NEVER been there before. She knew where the places are as well. Freaky...

I've had an experience similar to that. I don't remember it very well, but it was kinda similar to what happened to your advisor. I've experienced Deja Vu so many times, that I don't remember ANY of them (usually). It's weird though...when you get that feeling. Basically, I feel like I've seen it in a dream (or actully experienced it...that's happened only once to me, though). It's just weird how the mind works, isnt it?Oh, and just because you are sitting in an office, you still don't usually experience the EXACT same thing, unless you get a deja vu feeling. There will (usually) be small things that may be different, or it may seem to be EXACTLY like you thought had already happened.

I get a sense of deja vu, but not while I'm doing something, but while I'm remembering what I did. It's odd. Like I'd watch a movie for instance, and it could even be a new one in theater, and then the next day when I'm thinking about it I get this overwhelming feeling that I had watched that movie some other time before. I know I couldn't possibly have watched it, because it was just in theaters but it still makes me feel that way.It happens for other things too, but for some reason, after the fact. It is a strange feeling, and does get me very curious as to what it's all about. I sort of wish I could feel it more often, like that might help me to solve it. But then again, it kind of scares me, so I'm not sure if I do indeed want to feel it more.I haven't felt it lately, so I figure it has to be coming.(Wouldn't it be strange if I got a sense of deja vu while writing this? But it couldn't happen that way. I'd have to wait until later, when I'm thinking about what I wrote to feel it. Some things are odd that way.)Has anyone else felt deja vu in this manner? I'm curious to hear what more of you have to say on the subject!

deja vu huh... i get those alot... it was weird because i was 4 wheeling on a trail and i thought i so someone watching me from a tree. Then maybe an hour later after i was done i was going on a walk and i passes the guy on the trail. It was the same guy from before... it was really creepy...

Wow now im not alone, yey, i say to my friends that i think i can read the furute or somthing, and there all like aaaaaaaaaaha.hey but now i know its normal , well for you guys anyway,yeah i get them around every week once or twice, its weird :S

Yes, that also happens to me. Sometimes I live a situation and it?s like a call to my brain saying "You have seen/lived this before, haven?t you?". Then I try to think seriously about the time when this happened before and I realize that I am sure I have never been there or I have never seen that person before. So... it was a dream that I had before. Of course I?m totally esceptic with these things but we don?t know... there are too much things about dreams and how they are created that we still don?t know... :lol:

Well, if you are sitting in your office every day, then you are reliving the same moment again and again!

I had some very weird experiences with Deja Vu myself, but in my DREAMS! It's quite confusing: "Hold it right there! I dreamt this before!", and I wake up in the middle of the night convinced that I have really dreamt that dream before! Very strange...

142096[/snapback]

Same here... One time it even saved my life :lol:

A few years ago I worked at an auction, in wich we drive little electric carts to transport the orders. One day I was having a dream that I had to brake to avoid a collision with a collegue and the whole order fell on me (The carts are open on the backside)... The next day I went to work, thinking it was just another nightmare. After the break it happened, I was driving trough the main hall with an order and suddenly I saw the same collegue in front of me, remembering this dream, I did brake but this time I streched out my arm to avoid the order from falling upon me.

Man... I remember this as if it happened yesterday, real weird...

I get that sometimes, a lot when I was a kid. Id almost stop in my tracks and say woah Ive been here before, or this place looks familiar. They say its just the mind playing tricks on us. I get prophetic dreams especially when its bad news, it sucks. I just take it as a warning and hope for the best. I come from a long line of psychics or family members who have experienced strange goings ons.

I used to get d?j? vu when I was younger. I would be sitting on the school mat and suddenly I got this eerie feeling that I'd "seen this before". What was happening in front of me was like a replaying memory. I was stammering, "oh yes, oh yes" trying to remember the next bit before it really happened....quite freaky and very memorable. I don't get it much now.What are your d?j? vu experiences?What do you think is behind the phenomenon?Is there a way to awaken d?j? vu, or to calm it down if it becomes a problem?

I dont call this deja vu. Deja vu means something happened and it happened again. For instance, few months back, i was at a road junction with friends in the car, i saw a white Mitsubishi SUV made a crossing and few minutes later, the SAME white SUV did the SAME crossing. I was stunt and if i remember correctly, the time did change but not the things i see.What you are experience is when you are dreaming you dream of seeing this, doing that and when you are awake, you realize that you have done this before, you have seen this before. I couldnt say if this is something good or bad but i have been experience this alot lately too and with knowing what would happen, i always try my best to divert my actions.

I dont call this deja vu. Deja vu means something happened and it happened again. For instance, few months back, i was at a road junction with friends in the car, i saw a white Mitsubishi SUV made a crossing and few minutes later, the SAME white SUV did the SAME crossing. I was stunt and if i remember correctly, the time did change but not the things i see.

What you are experience is when you are dreaming you dream of seeing this, doing that and when you are awake, you realize that you have done this before, you have seen this before. I couldnt say if this is something good or bad but i have been experience this alot lately too and with knowing what would happen, i always try my best to divert my actions.

Hey there onscreen :)

Interesting tale about the car. Reminded me of The Matrix when Neo saw the same black cat twice. I looked up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Déjŕ vu and it doesn't confirm your view though... it points out a few variations, although the common link is a feeling of being there, as if experiencing a past memory... not seeing something happening twice withing a short space of time.

The dream bit you mention sounds closer. I've heard you can't change what happens... it's why people struggle to remember the next bit. Have you actually managed to change something because you foresaw it happening this way?

As I already said somewhere here in the forum... D?j? Vu is an anomaly of our brain :)There are several theories which try to explain the reasons for this to happen, but the answer still eludes us.Some say that d?j? vu experiences result from memories which are incorrectly stored in the long term memory section, giving you the feeling that they had already happened before you actually experience them. Another explanation states that memories can follow alternate pathways in the brain, making it possible for them to be stored even before the visual information of the event gets to the visual cortices. Because of that, when you get to "see" ou "experience" something, that memory has in fact already been stored in your brain, and you'll get that familiar feeling, of course.These are, however, nothing more than theories. They are, nevertheless, the explanations I like the most :pBesides these ones, there's also that explanation which defines D?j? Vu as a recalled experiencie... Like when you dream about something (experience it) and are then put through a similar situation in the real world. It's kinda cool :P