xisto Community
unfortunate

Credits Missing

I was just approved for hosting earlier today. Before being approved I had about 35 credits. I just logged back into the forums and it's showing that I have 1.94. I thought the 20mb host plan was 10 credits? My cPanel is showing 20mb available for use yet over 30 credits have been taken.

Have you been posting everyday after you got approved, or did you take a hiatus? If you have been posting everyday, try contacting Nils or OpaQue to see if they can solve your problem....

I was just approved for hosting earlier today. Before being approved I had about 35 credits. I just logged back into the forums and it's showing that I have 1.94. I thought the 20mb host plan was 10 credits? My cPanel is showing 20mb available for use yet over 30 credits have been taken.

142070[/snapback]

The same thing happened to me. I had 70+ credits before I got hosted... when it said that I was approved for hosting, all the credits disappeared. I just assumed that when you got hosted, all the credits were supposed to be reset. I don't mind all that much, because it doesn't take too long to get the credits back up there (I'm back up past 20 hosting credits right now) but the only thing I didn't like was I wanted to get a nice start on my site, but I had to spend much of that time reading through and replying to the posts.

I would have done this anyway, but I was worried that my account would get suspended, because there was no credits left in it. So I got my credits up to about ten and then started really working on my site. Now I've just been reading through the posts a few times a day and replying to the ones I find interesting. I figure so long as I reply to a few posts a day, that will give me plenty to work with if I do need to take some time off (which I undoubtably will have to eventually).

Anyways, keep posting and you should have nothing to worry about, but I still wish you the best in getting those extra credits back in your account :lol:

Hi friends,As far as I understand, the reason is that whenever you get hosting or upgrade an hosting, ur credits are set to around 3. This is to do so that you continue to post in forums even after you receive hosting...I think this happens for many other requests too.. this also makes sure that members do not request features that they do not need necessarily but are requesting just because they have enough credits...Mods/Admins please clarify if I am wrong...Cheers.

Well I guess it really isn't a big deal. I just found it odd that I was reset to something like 1.9. I guess it makes sense that after being approved for hosting you would need to rebuild your credits just to make sure you stick around after getting approved without banking on a huge cushion.