xisto Community
trihhoang

Get Rid Of The Banner Ads In Yahoo Mail This is a legal way

Ever wonder those annoying ads or banners appear on the top of the mail page in Yahoo?Do the following and hopefully it should get rid of it for you.The step is simple.1. Login to your mail account.2. Go to the Mail Options at the top right of the screen.3. Choose Account Information on the left.4. Verify your password again.5. Click the Edit button just to the right of the word Member Information6. In the General Preferences section, next to the Language & Content: should display your Yahoo xx usually U.S. Click on that Yahoo! U.S7. In the new settings choose Yahoo! Singapore and choose I Accept and click Finished.8. Go back to the Account Information and repeat step 59. Now next to the Language & Content it should say Yahoo! Singapore, again click on it and this time choose English - Hong Kong.10. Accept the terms and click Finished at the end of the process.11. Now, SIGN OUT off Yahoo and then close all web browsers windows. 12. Open a new web browser and login into your mail, you should be supprise to see the results! NO MORE BANNERS!This only works for the present, Yahoo might want to introduce ads and banners later on from this method..

Which is what I always do :lol: AdBlock is one of the best extensions there are. But for IE, that's an interesting way to do it. How did you figure that one out trihhoang?

Hey it worked! But immediately signing in on the main page, there's an add. When checking out the messages on the Inbox, there's nothing. Works for me! Thank you. :rolleyes:

You may think this is not illegal because it is not specificlly banned by Yahoo.com but here is a quote from the ToS(Terms of Service):

You also understand and agree that the Service may include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for Yahoo! to provide the Service. You also understand and agree that the Service may include certain communications from Yahoo!, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Yahoo! Newsletter, and that these communications are considered part of Yahoo! membership and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

- Shawn

sounds good, but i have no use for this, because im on broadband, and on a high resolution, ads dont really bother me, but this is useful anyway, i havent tried that add on for firefox yet, i think i will though.

This sounds interesting. I would definitely try out how it will eventually come out. It seems that Yahoo isn't putting advertisement in its email service for some countries. According to the market in a particular country they may change their policies for each country. In fact, Yahoo China offers 1Gigabytes while to the rest of the countries (not all though) they give about 250MB. Even hotmail does the same thing. Hotmails selectively gives 250MB storage capacity to many countries but not to third world and developing countries. For me I don't mind seeing yahoo advertisement inside mail inbox but if they start with pop-ups it would be really annoying. pop-up blockers will be fixed all the time so as to prevent it from popping up. I think they know this fact that's why they put huge banner on top of email inbox. But sometimes no ads are found too. Anyways, thanks... for the tip. I'll try out.