xisto Community
shigajet

My Sig - Made With Fireworks

Hey everyone. Here's my sig and I would welcome any comments you have. This is what I plan to use as the header image on my index page. Only the title would be different. Posted Image

The two characters are read as "Nihon" (or "Nippon"), and it's the Japanese word for Japan. The first character (日- ni or hi, depending on the reading) means sun and the second one (本 - hon or moto, depending on the reading) means book or origin.I apologize to all the others on this forum. Some of you may have to change the encoding to Japanese/Shift-JIS or Japanese/Automatic on your browsers to see the characters in this post.

Well, the image you see on the right is of Nagahama Castle - one of many (about 47, I think) castles in Japan that are still around today. Although some of them have turned into museums inside of a reconstruction (like this one, Fukuyama, Hiroshima, Nagoya and Osaka), a lot of them have the original material still intact.Of course, I could have put something like Mt. Fuji, shrine gates or cherry or people in traditional clothing and so forth. I figure this is a good place to start. Perhaps as I use more pics with Japanese imagery I could make several different sigs...just for display.

Well that's intresting, so do they have any particular importance to that image, or are they just random?

142074[/snapback]

I just realized...sine you were asking about the characters I used...well I thought they would go well with the castle - one of many prominent symbols of Japan. (Check the post I made earlier.)

The header I'm using for my website is about double the size of the sig you see now and the title says "Evan In Japan" instead of "ShigaJET". If I have some spare time, I'll browse around my photo archives to make a second sig...and eventually another header image.

Nice sig...nice clean...looks good...any ways...good job using fireworks for that

163877[/snapback]

Wait. Wait. Did you realize something? You just resurrect a dead thread. That's forgivable because I do that sometimes, but to zombiefy a dead thread and comment on a NON-EXISTANT sig is another thing. That just means that you spammed, so you deserve a warning.

Thread closed.