xisto Community

hey everyone i have been think about have a blog for ages now just wanted to knowdo you have a blog?#were can i find a the best FREE blog host?did you make your blog your self or did you do online with a webiste like freeblogs.com?cheers chris truman AKA lil_chrisps leave your blog links please

????[/tab]I don't have blog. I never understood the concept of blog or the fascination of it. That was until tonight. I realized while I was driving home, I thought of ways to organize my thoughts here in this forum. And since this forum will stay on forever (now I am starting to see the light) my words will forever be preserved. And that's when it hit me. This very reason of preserving spontaneous spark of one's wisdom is what blog is all about. [tab]I truly felt that blog writers were self-absorbed pompous egomaniac who wanted the entire World Wide Web communities to come and awe at the site and writing skills. I was wrong. It is fascinating now that I understand why people would choose to write blogs. What does blog stand for, anyway? Is it an acronym of blabbing log?

LOL. It's a short form for "Web Log". Web Log - weblog - blog.*revelation* lol. :(I've always kept journals. It's therapy for me. Putting down all my thoughts. Helps clear my mind.But I've always wanted a journal that could be public and yet private.It's advantageous when you want to record an event (say a date? or that cute guy I saw at the bus stop hehehe) and share it with your friends (or friendly strangers) without having to repeat yourself 35175262 times to all of them one by one.But it's disadvantageous when people who don't know you well read things that might have more than one meaning to it or can be interpreted to be good, or bad, depending on how well they know you.I've personally experienced that last bit - about weird people I hardly know coming to me and irritating me to bits about things I'd rather not talk about.I appreciate their goodwill (if it was in goodwill and not just that they are busybodies), but if the only things we've ever said to each other is "Hello" and "Goodbye" or even just a nod or (fake, ok, courteous) smile then it's a little bit strange to suddenly feel this urge to enquire after my well being, especially in my private life, don't you think?That's why I love that WP lets you password-protect posts and block unregistered users.I was previously with Blogger and it didn't let me do that.I have another private blog (yes, another! lol, no surprise init? :() that only 4 people know about, and I make sure it stays that way :lol: It's not even hosted on my site.Well I think I've said enough. :( Time to hit 'reply'. :D

What are the point of blogs? I meen all you do is write stuff. And what is the point of it when no one views it. Than it has like no point at all. It is like, well, um, I dunno but it is pretty much point less right? I think it is. So why do we have em? I think its just so someone can go up to someone else and say "I got a website and you don't" just to tick them off and make em jealous. Thats what I think. lol.

well am leaveing home so i want one soo my family and frineds can read it. soo they know what am upto and am okcan anyone help me with a blog webite to make a blog

Blogger is definitely the easiest to get up & running and it has a nice range of templates. Bit limited on the flexibility front. If you want more features/flexibility, Wordpress would be your next best bet. Both are free. Wordpress requires a bit more configuration and probably some knowledge of PHP would help. I wouldn't bother with any others. (Typepad is also good but you have to pay.)

What are the point of blogs? I meen all you do is write stuff. And what is the point of it when no one views it.

The same can be said of any site, no matter what it's content, if no-one views it. If you don't care if anyone views it but you enjoy the process, then that is the point.

If you do want people to view it you need to find something interesting to write about, optimise your site for search engines and promote it. There are plenty of blogs out there that are about more than just personal opinions, they can contain news & articles about different subjects as well.

I don't have a web log but I enjoy reading anyones I can find. It's fun to search on google for interesting ones.I considered getting a Blog with BlogSpot but decided not to in the end, they look quite good, though I don't know much about the best Blog places in general.MSN messenger offer one for free at the moment which seems to be running quite successfully however if you'd like one that's slightly more independant I suggest searching elsewhere or listening to someone besides me.Tatatee (member of Xisto) has a good Blog.Ta-Ra

There are quite a few in the addon scripts in the cpanel. I used to use Geeklog and then I used Nucleus for a while. I recently switched back to Blogger though, because it's easier (for me, at least) to customize. They have a thing where you can publish it directly onto your site here through FTP.Blogs don't necessarily have to be like diaries, either. You can use them as a news or latest updates kind of deal. Or to write articles that you want people to comment on.