xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Forsaken

Bush, Iraq And Korea's Nukes Some of my opinions on the situation

I was very much in favor of George Bush 4 years ago. Since then it seems like the situation were in (USA) has gotten worse. We now know that we didnt have sufficient evidence to go after Iraq and start a war. Colin Powell has stated it and im sure if you looked hard enough you can find it, I think I accually posted a link somewhere in the vent section a month or so ago. Now it seems North Korea is wanting to test the nuclear weapons they have..... That makes me think, Hold up something isn't right here. We maybe think Iraq has them, so were gonna tell saddaam hussein to resign from power or we will declare war until we find him and wipe out his army.. Alright, we go to war, 6 or so years later still fighting. Now, North Korea comes along and wants to test their nukes, what do we do? Say no..... Really intelligent George, Seems to me we need to be telling NK to dismantle their weapons and surrendur, Oh yeah, North Korea doesn't have the wealth to beable to produce many of these weapons, and theyre so small we could blow the hell out of them so they know better...... So we leave them alone, Things just dont add up. We did need to remove Mr. Hussein from power, but dont wound and kill thousands of American kids (18-20 average) yr olds their life's, and limbs. We should have been smarter about how we entered this war. Now the entire eastern hemisphere almost thinks were a selfish world superpower trying to steal oil from Iraq. I personally believe thats not the case, I think George Bush did what he thought was right, (I also think the assasination attempt on his father that Hussein ordered several years back also had a part in this) and he just made a big mistake. I believe if John Kerry didnt run against him in 2004 then no way would he have won. He is one of the most disliked men in the world. I play xbox live a lot at nights, I sometimes ask people i come acrossthat live in other countries what they think of mr bush, Many if not all dont like him.... I think since Bush jumped into the war with Iraq, I think he regrets it too, this maybe is making him think twice about korea.... If he gonna go on this ANTI NUKE campaign might as well not be a hippocrit and finish it off, Get the nuclear weapons away from korea. I am sure I will recieve crticism from this post, but please dont be rude....

I've never liked George but since he's your head of state, you may be forgiven for expecting too much of him, I did the same thing with our president, Horst Koehler, who dedicated an entire chapter in his book to how he would use his power as german president to change things for the better - he has signed a couple of laws which he said "might" violate the constitution by now and it doesn't seem like he's going to change that behavior :/...

I'm glad that you now admit that the american people [and British and the rest of the world] have been betrayed about the reasons for the war against Iraq. Actually, not many people remember now, about 2 years after the invasion ("liberation") the correct order of the reasons ... even though everyone who was in favor of this war used all of them until the used reason was proven void. One: Saddam supports al-Quaeda and is directly linked to the 9/11-attacks. This theory was based on indications, no one ever presented a fact. Two: Saddam has or tries to get weapons of mass destruction; he even has mobile labs to produce them. A couple of weeks ago, George announced that there were no WMDs in Iraq and there never were. Three: Saddam is an evil dictator and after the "liberation" the iraqi people will be free. One name: Abu Ghurayb (aka Abu Ghraib). And a few months ago, a survey showed that about 100,000 people have been killed in the time period from 6 to 18 months after the invasion began, even though iraqbodycount.com said that about 17,000 have been mentioned in official reports or newspaper articles. The method this survey used does not give accurate information but the results of a survey done in the same style in the Kosovo have been accepted by US officials, whereas the Iraq-survey has not been accepted as accurate (probably because the Kosovo figures were way better for the NATO than the Iraqi survey is for the Coalition)...

... and about the North Korean WMDs: George does very well with not provoking the Koreans too much - They have missiles which can reach the US west coast and claims to have nuclear warheads (several "western" intelligence agencies said so even before the war on iraq began)

[...]I think since Bush jumped into the war with Iraq, I think he regrets it too, this maybe is making him think twice about korea... [...]

I don't think he's not going into the DPR Korea because he/his officials prepare a war against Iran. The US army's in Iraq (on the western side of Iran) and Afghanistan (eastern side), US-friendly Pakistan south of Afghanistan, the US navy in the persian gulf and, according to an article in the New York Times, some fresh treaties with Azerbaijan (in the north) which allow the USA to use azerbaijanese (?) airports with military planes, both armed and unarmed and also to attack other nations with aircraft launched from these airports, the Iran is surrounded by nations which object its policies. But: Russian military sources said that the Soviet Union sold a few hundreds of high-end anti-ship-missiles to Iran. Anti-ship missiles which are faster than the US anti-missile-system on ships can handle; bundled with mobile launchers along the coast, these missiles can cover all the persian gulf - part of the supply route for the forces in Iraq and home for some (US) aircraft carrier groups. If the Irani government does not want the US navy to be in the persian gulf, it would be pretty easy to destroy many, many US ships (but it would be suicide for the Iranis to do so before they've been attacked by the USA or a country backed by the USA [israel? Israel does have the aircraft and weapons to destroy/damage targets in Iran but they would have to refill their tanks on aircraft carriers in the persian gulf or on iraqi airports and the Israeli government showed in the past that it's more than willing to use military power against any nation which might become a threat in the near future...]

[...] Now the entire eastern hemisphere almost thinks were a selfish world superpower trying to steal oil from Iraq. I personally believe thats not the case, [...]

Nope, there are still people around who believe that the USA are the world's salvation (judged by the way they talk). I personally believe that the american people are not selfish but ignorant (mostly - you're not the worst thing that could happen to this board, you realized that the given reasons for the war against Iraq don't make sense). Ignorant because the average life of an US citizen does not require him or her to think about other nations. The USA are the only remaining superpower in this world, superpower not only as in size of army but also in size of economy. The US-Dollar is official currency in about 50 nations but only the USA prints dollars. This gives the USA a nearly unlimited credit line and even though the US economy exported less values than were imported during the last 25 years, the US economy is still pretty stable...

back to the quote: It's not "stealing", it was an official contract between the Iraqi government established and protected by the USA until such time there is a "freely" elected government and Halliburton. A week or something ago, Halliburton officials declared that Halliburton has restored the Iraqi oil sources, refineries - even though the Iraqi government still has to import gasoline and diesel because the iraqi resistance destroyed oil wells, pipelines and refineries right after they were rebuilt by Halliburton contractors or Halliburton contractors were denied access to these areas. By the way, before the invasion, the iraqi people used gasoline to clean their floors because it was cheaper than water, now they can't afford neither water nor gasoline.

And it was not only about the oil: The "freely" elected government passed a law which makes it illegal to use any seeds which were not bought from Monsanto. Iraqi farmers may not use their own seeds, no matter how ridiculous this sounds. By the way, Monsanto's aim is "to control 100 per cent of the global seed market by 2020". Iraq: check...

[...]Get the nuclear weapons away from korea.

It's not that bad that DPR Korea probably has nukes now. It's worse that the USA, which signed and ratified the non-proliferation-treaty distributed nukes to nations which can not or don't want to develop nuclear weapons on their own. Among other nations, german pilots train how to launch nukes from german aircrafts and 16 nuclear warheads are stationed on US army bases in Germany but are supposed to be used by german pilots...

*update*

George Galloway pulled a nice stunt in front of the US senat - they accused him of corruption and he not only defended himself but accused the US government of twisting/creating "facts".

Transscript and live video (4 minutes live on MSNBC; according to the transscript the session took about 47 minutes) can be found here: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article8869.htm

It's pretty much to read but definitely worth it :lol:

I am from Germany and after all i have seen. i think Bush makes war for oil. also i think he is just a joke as a president. i don't know what he does :lol: