xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
indyhouse

Star Wars Galaxies: What Were The Devs Thinking?

I beta-tested SWG and signed up for two accounts the day it went live. Something has changed -- for the worse -- since that time, though.During beta, the devs were all about input, and they actually listened. Since going live though, they still seek input, but then they turn around and ignore ALL input received and do their own thing anyway.Case in Point: the combat "upgrade" which was shoved down our throats recently.We didn't ask for a complete reworking of the entire combat/weapon/armor/buff/EVERYTHING system... we just wanted balance brought to the old system. Instead, the devs wipe the slate clean on skills, combat, weapons, etc, and come up with a dumbed-down kiddie-looking monstrosity that has resulted in a lot of cancelled accounts.I've cancelled both of my accounts and I doubt Sony will ever get them back either. Jump to Lightspeed was a disappointment -- they promised ongoing content and it never, ever came. I take that back -- it came, in the form of a $24.95 digital download called "Rage of the Wookies" that INCLUDED Jump to Lightspeed, whether you needed it or not. Lame.Sony has continually let me down with SWG and I am suprised I lasted as long as I did.Are there any SWG players, current or former, here? What are your thoughts on SOE's handling of the Star Wars franchise?