xisto Community
fsastraps

I Updated My Site Tell me what yo think of the new look.

Well for those people that reviewed my site before can now see that it looks differe, and for those that havent seen it before, please check it out.

Please tell me what you think, and comments are allways welcome.

Here is the link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Also please see my forums, i just started them so they dont have many posts, but just check it out.

Thanks.

Whoa, the header banner is really brilliant. I like it alot, good job :lol:But the navigation buttons are a little hard to read, changing the font to something more readable would be more user friendly :(But overall, great job!

I agree with Tatatee about the head banner, very nice. I especially like the amusing little countdown timer at the bottom of the main page. Good general layout. Nice to be able to read a little more blog, perhaps you could post more frequently but I suppose you gotta get other things going first. Anyway, very good. Ta-Ra

I remember your site, I think :lol:

Big improvement btw. You've limited my critisms down to three:

1. The Search Facility

"what do you seek?" should be changed to "Search Web" and above the search box. The search button should have the value Go not be blank.

2. Images

Love your use of them but takes ages to load on a 56k modem. Save them in the compressed jpg format not gifs. The forum image in the middle HAS TO GO. What happened to text? Maybe you should include a short introduction about yours site. That costs visitors. I just found out that that alt="" tag on the image linking to Xisto down the left column reads Trai17.com not Xisto.com :(

3. Java Applets

You've cut down on the java applets but you should get rid of them all. Use javascript when possible instead. There's tonnes of javascript countdown scripts!

------------------------------

The good parts...

1. Design

You've made your design 1000% better. Well done.

2. Images

Good use of images keeps visitors in and you've a good use of images.

3. Java Applets

Any cut-downs good :(

A massive improvement well done.

I think I remember your previous site -- based your improvements on that

Thanks for the comments so far, i will eventually fix the trai17.com "alt" and i am still thinking if i whould or shouldent take the header oof the forums image,Mostly what my users use the forums is for gaming, but they wille ventally have to start posting b/c i have a point system on the arcade, and by posting it will give them points to play games.Well keep the comments coming, and thank you, so far so good!

Yeah i too like the banner but like everyone else, i think the font should be changed to a more readable one and in the banner i believe the text should be an lighter color making it easier to read. Also, i would recommend doing some mouseovers on your links on the left because its way easier to tell where you are goin then. Overall, great start man amd keep adding things to the site

I find the navigation buttons too big and besides, hard to read like they said.I would make darker the grid in the background to make the contrast lower.And at last, unify the characters (you are expected, what do you seek?, countdown, all content...) with if not the same size at least the same font.Only my oppinions. Anyway you?ve done a great work!

cmatcmextra really hit it good. I totally agree on getting the forum sample out. It looks funny in the middle like that. I'm only going to make 1 suggestion, improve your font style. I know you've worked on it along time, and it's looking alot better. But the font is a little hard to read, ok, I'm done being the mean guy. Keep doing whachu doin., nickmealey

I tghink your site is pretty good, but i do agree with everybody else, you might also want to check how long it takes to download your page with dialup connection, but other than that i think is pretty cool, you have users that got o your forums, so you are off on a good start, keep it up!

Your site is very good, but it seems like the site has so much going on that it takes away from the look.In my opinion you should take away your navbar and make it more blending into the site.

I changed it up a little, the color and added a latest posts thing, so i dunno, i think it looks a little better, but it might still need some more improvement, im about to run out of bandwith, there is too many people on every day. :P