xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LalalaMe

Steam Why...

Most people don't hate the games, but the Steam Client itself. In my case, it's frustrating to try and join a CS:S server. I click on a server, nothing happens, I click again, it pops up the info box. I click it again, and it starts to connect, only to time out 5 seconds later. And if I CAN connect to a server, it takes forever. The same thing happens to updates, as in it always times out for me or else takes forever.

Here's an entertaining little gif:

Posted Image

Personally I HATE steam. I love HL2 I can't get enough of Counter Strike: Source but all in all steam causes nothign but frustration. I hate how it starts up on startup. I hate how it failes to connect to server ar adds all the extra hastle into connection. It is to much extra baggage and very much of a pain.

I also dislike the idea behind steam. I hate how I can not buy sell or trade any Valve games, I dislike how they won't let me move my CS 1 & HA 1 onto the same accoutn that has my HL2.... No. No sir I do not like ti at all...

And I actually use that gif as my sig on another forum... Have a matchign avatar too!

Posted Image

ya i hate the steam client too ... why do they create that ... in the old days we could just simply connect to a online server in the game .. so much frustration with steam... let me tell you, i;ve never played cs using steam ... just because my connection is so slow that the update takes forever ... come on, give me a break, i just want to play games .. sierra .. why make this so complicated?

Steam sux i dunno why the *BEEP* valve came up with this stupid program.. i get like 10000 ping on servers that i usually have like 15 20 ... it sux big time i hate steam :lol:

Steam has its good and bad points:

Good

-Very easy to update! No more waiting on lines to dl updates anymore

-Can easily install/register new games if you bought them

-Can easily install mods.

-Can use this program to look at servers from many different games. Then click, and play!

Bad :(

-Updates cause people to get messed up.

-Valve never gives the GOOD updates, that the people WANT. *cough Vac2 *cough

-Some wierd errors when you load sometimes

-Can't just simply connect to a server, have to go through steam

-FRIENDS LIST would be good, if it worked EVER. This thing NEVER works, I dont even know why its still in!

-Loading times are longer for games because of Steam.

-Cheating is a big issue.. but it always was.

-All the banned people on old CS got unbanned on steam.

As you can see, there are good and bad aspects of Steam. I personally dont mind using it, but maybe thats because steam doesn't give my computer much trouble. I've heard and seen stories that are horrifying with steam.

If valve took the time to shorten loading times, make updates more reliable, fixed cheating issues, and friends then MAYBE it would be a excellent program.

For valve, Steam is a gold mine. They dont even have to have someone to sell their games anymore, they can do it right off of steam.

- LF :lol:

ya steam does sucks but i guess it works for them..but it really made me mad when they shut down 1.5 ooo i was about to kick some valvey' *bottom* lol hahaha.i was so mad man..i just bought a server then they shut it down...garrr ef!that!haha

Why do some people hate steam...

I reckon its fun, what do you think?

141263[/snapback]

Steam is a great invension from the game companies point of view. It eliminates almost 100 % of game stealing because each key has to be registered with the company. It provides the easiest and fastest way to bringn updates and additions to the gamers so they dont yell at you...

But what do gamers think of all this.... We hate it. Steam is unstable and causes way to many issues. When it game out those of us with REAL cs keys got beat to registring them to those who hacked it, we had to go out and buy the game again. The friends system on steam never connects no matter what you try and do and even when it does... its down for maintenance for about 11 outa 12 months. And older versions of the game cant be used because you have to uptade to play.

Why do some people hate steam...

I reckon its fun, what do you think?

141263[/snapback]

Well why they hate steam is this. it screws it up at the start. you should just be able to click CS:S then be able to play it...

The thing is, when Steam came out, many people were still using dial-up connection, which is usually differs from 28.8Kb/s to 56Kb/s. If you try to download steam on that kind of internet, it will cost you hours of painfull reconnections, crashes, disconnects and so on. Everytime the new update come out, you have to waste time again, because judge yourself: to download 10 mb on a diulup takes about 1hour which is really slow, and most of the first steam updates were even bigger, so you can imagine how annoying that was for people that used to peacefully play their game without any time wasted.

For me is steam great. Sometimes i have steam ticket but that's ok!in steam is easy to download games. but first time u need to enter serial number. In steam u cann play a loot games made by valve simple with one click so i think that steam is one of the best things in my life :D

I personally feel neutral towards steam. When it first came out i switched to it because you did not have to own a CD key to play CS it was already pre added to your games list. However when they added the security to it, made it a bit slower (i was using AOL dial up) and after they made it so you need your own CD key. So i switched to 1.5 for the first time and ofcourse it was awesome comparing to steam but they had to close it down to more all the gamers on to steam instead of the 50 / 50 that was going on at the time. Steam does have good updating system because you would never have to check websites and look for updates yourself.How ever to those people wanting to play CS 1.6 and other valve games there are non-steam versions of those games, which you can download and install separetely from steam folder and run them how you would run CS1.5 or older.

This Steam is aweful. It says it is going to take me 10 hours to download. I don't get it I bought the DVD. Why can't I unlock the game and run it. I think I'm going back to console games.-Allen

I have always hated steam because it owuld always add lagg and all types of errors for my friends when we played HL or any of its mods. but I'm sitting at home and I go to my PC and I launch counter-strike source... which I have owned and has been working since christmas of 2006 and now I go to steam and not a single one of the collective 11 games and mods launch... they have worked all this time, I never abused steam or stole any content or anything.... and now I cannot play these games ever again. because since last night it gives me an error saying it is not available in my territory!

Steam sucks because the company uses it to steal from you. I bought half life platinum five years ago and now it runs like crap on my new pc so I go to register the key on steam to get them updated and they say the key is already activated. I also now own 3 copies of half life to, to copies of episode 1, and to copies of counter strike source, but can I give them to a friend noooooooo. can I get them transfered to two different accounts, nope. will anyone at steam give give me an answer and not repeatedly tell to look at their support page.-kirk