xisto Community
unfortunate

New User - Unfortunate

Just found Xisto today via Google. I was looking for some reliable free hosting. I'm planning on setting up a WP blog. I considered hosting my blog on one of my computers but realized I didn't want to host something locally. Interests... well I'm always on the go so I'm into anything mobile. I'm usually online 24/7 either on my Powerbook, PC, or Sidekick II. Anything that has to do with tech is my area of expertise. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

Welcome unfortunate! (that sounded so bad....)I see you like the sidekick...don't get it hacked. :lol:Anyways, have fun around these forums, and good luck with whatever you're doing. If you need anything, feel free to PM me.

Hi! Welcome! I'm new to this place too. I think it's great, and I'm so happy that I just happened to stumble my way in here. I'm sure you will like it too! Everyone is so nice and willing to help in anyway they can.So, can't wait to hear more from you :lol: Just remember to stay active, which shouldn't be hard because there are always such interesting topics in the forums!

I see you like the sidekick...don't get it hacked. :lol:

141169[/snapback]

Snl the sidekick device itself can't be hacked. I'm sure you're referring to the Hilton pics and phonebook that made it out on to the net.. It was discovered that the only reason the information from her device was acquired was because someone figured out her desktop interface password. I'm sure her password was something simple like "thathot". I wouldn't be surprised. Anyway, I try and keep my private pics on flickr and not in my DI. That way I won't worry if someone does manage to get into my DI.

Snl the sidekick device itself can't be hacked. I'm sure you're referring to the Hilton pics and phonebook that made it out on to the net.. It was discovered that the only reason the information from her device was acquired was because someone figured out her desktop interface password. I'm sure her password was something simple like "thathot". I wouldn't be surprised. Anyway, I try and keep my private pics on flickr and not in my DI. That way I won't worry if someone does manage to get into my DI.

141242[/snapback]

Really? I just heard that the hacker got into the Verizon network and exposed all her phone numbers and such....

Ergh sorry I didn't have the page I was going to cite bookmarked. I know that the Tmo servers had been hacked at one time. Sidekick data is stored on Danger servers I believe. Anyway... hacked or not, it can happen to anyone. The lesson to be learned is to keep sensitive data out of your handset.

Welcome, Unfortunate!You've found a magnificent place to host your site at. The features and realiability that Xisto offers is unmatched by all of the other providers out there. What's really nice is how the people are so helpful and understanding, here, at Xisto.com. I wish you the best of luck on your new site and keep posting!AmeriBass

Hi unfortunate,Welcome to the forums. Lots of helpful , friendly people here. All types(er...coders..geeks..nerds etc.) of ppl here.. everyone welcome.Enjoy your stay.RGPHNX

Welcome to the community! I don't think it's "unfortunate" that you found Xisto. This place is great! Hope you enjoy your time on the forums! Interesting to hear that you're setting up a WordPress blog because I'm doing that as well. I just installed WP 1.5.1, but I need some help in creating my own theme before I show it to everyone. If you could offer tips/code snippets, that would help me immensely.See you around!