xisto Community
lil_chris

Anyway To Link Files From Your Harddrive To A Site?

i was think other night if there anyway of linkin files like pictures and that to a webpage soooo no need for a upload. just link limewire or kazaa work is there anyway to do this as it would save loads of time uploads stuff and takein up webspace. i dont think can be done but if anyone does know anything like this let me know.or a place with a lot of webspace to upload pictures mp3s programs and stuff?cheerschris truman AKA lil_chris

I do not believe that you can links to kazaa and limewire because these programs use a completely different networks that what the internet operate on....

However, if you use a google "hack", you can file mp3 files all over the net: https://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en%22&btnG=Search

Just a side note, it's against the terms of service of Xisto to have copyrighted mp3 files. If found, your files will be permanently deleted off Xisto servers.

You can make your own computer a web server.
In this way, you host your files and sites in your computer without uploading a single file.
However, your computer needs to be turned on 24hrs and say connected to the internet for web surfers to visit.

A very good program that can turn your computer into a web server is Apache.
It is free and open-source. Get it at http://www.apache.com/www/

Else, alot of webspace, I would recommend YouSendIt.com.
It's able to host up to 1GB of a single file for a week.
This temporary hosting will automatic delete the file 1 week later or it has been downloaded 25 times.

Hope all this helps..

Why would you want to host files on your pc? The only real route would be to turn your computer into a PC server. Keep in mind that you'll have to sacrifice performance and your connection speed when people access your site. I say just take the time to upload the files to a free host online. You might want to check out Ourmedia. They provide free storage and bandwidth for video, audio, text, photos, software... I'm sure you'll want to be careful uploading copyrighted content.