xisto Community
c3nar1us

Your Ideal Phone post your ideal phone

hi,

Well I just started this thread to discuss

what kind of features people would like to have in a mobile phone?

Also which phone currently out there is the best in your opinion?

I currently have the T610 and I think its an awesome phone even when compared to some of the newest ones out there. I think my ideal phone would be fashioned around it. It would be better to have:

A bigger screen.

More colors.

TFT Screen.

Speaker Phone.

MPEG Video.

Polymorphic & MP3 Sound.

More powerful camera with Zoom.

Built in Memory stick for storing files from any computer (atleast 128 MB)

More easier customizability (changing of face plates like with nokia its so easy)

Better software on it (wider range).

And finally a lot more memory with the option of using memory sticks.

If that could happen I think I would have the phone of my dreams lol.

Especially a phone which allows me to carry my files with me (i use a USB device 128MB to carry all my office files around as a backup) I think that feature in any phone would be awesome, to be able to transfer your files to and from any computer onto a built in "memory storage" in your phone - platform independant.

I dont really stay that up to date with new mobile phone releases but I do love "Sony Ericsson" Products since they really do have a clear edge over all competition.

So if anyone knows of a phone out there with the features i mentioned be sure to let me know lol.

I would love to hear what other people have to say as well - so join in

140936[/snapback]

For me I like nokia mobile phone with cam and video recorder on it.

I like stole photos and records funny events... aside from that I want to have collections of all memorable events that happens in my life, with mobile supported with video recorder I can do it anytime..

so far I don't have that mobile yet,, its very expensive here in the philippines, m just using ordinary mobile phone only but I am planning to upgrade to a higher version as long as I have enough peny to buy it...

:rolleyes:

My dream phone is a Sony Ericsson, like a T610 or something. They rock. Colour screens. Some have cameras. Awesome themes, which I know how to create myself. I want a Sony Ericsson. My dad has the T300 or something like that, but he won't let me have it even though he got a new phone and doesn't use his Ericsson anymore!

My ideal phone is somehow match with new Nokia N80 which have * Brilliant display * Symbian OS * Incredible web browser * miniSD card slot (128MB miniSD card included in the package) * Very good 3 megapixel camera with flash * Excellent audio quality * FM radio * 40 MB internal memory * All connectivity options - Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, IR, USB * UMTS and EDGE support But love to this phone if it come up with these features 16M display currently its 256k 2GB miniSD included 3 megapixel is fine but neeeeeed autofocus minimum internal memory 512mb demension should be 100x45x17 (mm) idealIf these features add in nokia n80 that would be my ideal phone..

My ideal phone would probably have to be somewhat small and able to fit in my pocket. I would also rather it have:- More space- Color screen- 5.0 + Megapixel camera- Easier texting&Such. I just like simple phones that look nice, but are small & fit in your pocket.

My ideal phone has already come out the iphone it may look big but the touch screen function is perfect for me. Also being able to go on the real internet not the phone kind is really good. Also i really like how you can watch movies and stuff on youtube being able to do that is perfect. I really would not want to have a phone that connects to my pc cause i always have my laptop. I will be getting the iphone just have to save up thou in 2 years i will be able to afford it. LOL

My idea phone would have long distance and would charge less than $20 a month. Unfortunately the lowest cost phoneplan with free long distance is $40 and comes from MetroPCS. At least they don't charge for US long distance like other companies.

Well, i'm happy with my phone at the moment.Its a K800i :PBut what i'd like to see is say the K800i with Symbian OS & a 3x optical zoom? I'm pretty sure they could fit that in there now with the current technology :P. Or the Blue K850i with Symbian, GPS & the Blue version with a black shell :P

I have a Sony Ericsson P990i which is a recent release of the Sony Ericsson P series phones. Sony Ericsson P series phones have always had an unique group of fans with its extremenly different features and build apart from tradition Sony ericsson phones.The phone runs on Symbian Operting System 9.1 which is almost a lateast version of Symbian. It is actually Symbian UIQ OS which is the most popular and powerful platform for the Touch screen mobile phones and PDA(Personal Digital Assistant) mobile phones. The Operating system is bit heavy for the phone hardware and so it often hangs up and slows down the phone.The phone is basically very Feature rich but the all the features are not upto the expectations according to me. The Wifi (WLAN IEEE 802.11a) is an amazing feature of this phone. This phone has 2 Mega Pixel camera and a 0.3 Mega pixel camera for video conferencing. It also has a flash support in the camera though the perfomance of the camera i nthe night is not upto the expectations actually. The Messaging features is bit very buggy. Often the phone does not alert on arrival of any Short Message Service Message. The phone gets back to normal state only after restarting the phone. The POP3 mail access is an amazing feature in the phone. It is basically also has a Push Message service. So that you can receivce mails on your phone like a SMS message in your phone inbox. The Opera browser with tabbed browsing is a bit good feature i in the browser.Coming to the physical appearance of the phone which is a draw back for the phone, it is very very bulky with its very normal curveless edges of the phone. The QWERTY keyboard makes it look like a real PDA though it is not so user friendly.

Well i really love my phone now which is a nokia 3230,although getting an N95 would be nice but i'm happy with my phone since i can mod it to death and so far it has not failed me once and the camera is 1.3mp,im not saying its great but i have got attached to it

I already have my realistically-ideal phone, minus some improvements that I would have in a dream phone: the Motorola i580.My dream phone would probably feature:- a power antenna that would utilize any radio signal (utilizing a wider band, like from 800MHz - 1200MHz) to retain optimal dB strength- a "smart" feature to use that particular band that provides the best signal that minimizes band/frequency hopping- a better quality camera with more camera controls (like light exposure, digital zoom)- a faster processor and built-in RAM to be able to load up applications and process data quicker- a Micro-SD memory card slot- an operating system with much more functionality over phone settings (like brightness, power-saving features, etc.)- lots of PRACTICAL and useful applications (calculator, organizer, MP3 player)- Bluetooth 2.0 support- built-in laser-emitting keyboard- outer LCD- inner color LCD- rugged clamshell design that exceeds military specifications- waterproofingMy i580 fits some of those characteristics but there is always more to be desired. :D Keep in mind that I'm looking for practicality and durability... like an MP3 player isn't necessary, a camera isn't essential, and I'm starting to love my organizer, but they're nice to have for a multi-purpose device. I don't care how fugly the phone looks because I could give less of a crap about how I look with it. A cell phone has turned into a piece of fashion... one of the most ridiculous ideas that has graced the mind of people looking to get rich from selling shiny stuff. The sad part is that most of us are buying it.I actually remember a thread on Xisto about a guy who was trying to determine whether to get some Ericsson or a Motorola Razr... and the only reason why it was still on his consideration list was because "it looked good," even though they are infamous for being crappy phones. :P

Mobile applications right now are simply a 2 way connection between our handset and the cloud. Technologies such as Wireless USB and Bluetooth 2.1 will enable rich personal area networks to be built. The future of the mobile web, the future of the web period, is when our personal area network can talk with the wide area network and give us knowledge that is extremely relevant, powerful and useful.How long do I think until his vision comes true? 15 years .. hahahah! :P

My ideal would have to be one which is 100% free. What else could you ask for? Also, one that I could program myself, so I could design it and make it do what i want it to do. Other things that would be useful would be: GPS, too much space, too many applications, and fully water and shock proof. Oh yeah, and broadband internet.