xisto Community
mbd5882

Does Anyone Know How To Make Exe Files

Does anyone know any software for making exe files,I want to make simple programs not propper one's.Thanks.

Well, first of you need to know a programing language, then you need to write the program, and then you need a compiler/interpreter to be able to run the program here is a list of Programing Languages:

Language Level Compiled or Interpreted

Assembly Low Compiled/Assembled

C(++) Medium Compiled

Java High Interpreted

Fortran High Compiled

Perl High Interpreted

Basic High May be compiled Most often Interpreted

i hope the table is readable and that it helps!

Making EXE files means you will have to program them...
Exceptions are zip-self-executable files etc..

Programming softwares are available some for free but most are for a fee..

Below are some free compilers for C/C++ that you might be interested..

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/The Watcom C/C++ compiler (now OpenWatcom C/C++ compiler) is now open source and free. This compiler, which generates code for Win32, Windows 3.1 (Win16), OS/2, Netware NLM, MSDOS (16 bit and 32 bit protected mode), etc, was a highly coveted compiler some years back (until Sybase terminated it). The compiler also includes the rather well-known STLport (a C++ Standard Template Library implementation).

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Borland has released their C++ Compiler (version 5.5 at the date of this writing) FREE! You get the command line compiler, incremental linker, resource compiler and binder, C++ Win32 preprocessor, import library utility, librarian, obj/lib/exe dump utility, etc. Included is also the C/C++ runtime library and ANSI/ISO Standard Template Library (STL). You can also get the Borland Turbo Debugger to debug your programs separately (see our Free Debuggers, Source Code Checkers, Bug Trackers, Memory Leak Detection page). You can also get older versions of Turbo C (such as Turbo C 1.5 and Turbo C 2.0) from Borland's Community Museum.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/dowes/default.aspx
Unbelievably, the Microsoft Visual C/C++ command line compiler, along with C#, VB.NET and JScript.NET, appears to be available from Microsoft for download for free. (Note that if you use the Opera web browser to go to this URL, set Opera to pretend that it is Mozilla (just hit F12 and select Mozilla 5.0), otherwise Microsoft's web server will redirect you to a dummy page. Their browser detection script, which serves different pages to different browsers, is broken.) You will also need to download the Microsoft Platform SDK which contains the Windows headers and libraries for the compilers. The command line compiler is the same one that comes with the commercial Visual C++ Standard, which means that it does not have an optimizer (or at least, not the optimizer that ships with the Professional version that comes with MSDN).

/drupal/content/cint
This is a C/C++ interpreter that comes with source code. It can be compiled and used on a large variety of Unices, including HP-UX, Solaris, SunOS, AIX, Alpha/OSF, FreeBSD and Linux, as well as Windows NT. You can even issue system calls from the interpreter (such as Posix calls on Unix or Windows API calls from Windows). It accepts most of K&R and ANSI C and is close to the standard C++ (at the time of this writing). As with all interpreters, it may be useful in debugging programs or learning the language.

http://www.z88dk.org/forum/
z88dk is a z80 C cross compiler based on the Small C compiler, supporting many features of ANSI C. It comes with an assembler and linker as well as a standard C library. Supported host systems include Amiga, BeOS, HP-UX 9, Linux, BSD systems, MacOS X, Solaris, Win32, Win16 and MSDOS. The compiler generates code for the following target systems: Cambridge Computers z88, Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Sinclair ZX81, CP/M based machines, Amstrad NC100, VZ200/300, Sharp MZ series, TI calculators (TI82, TI83, TI83+, TI85, TI86), ABC80, Jupiter Ace, Xircom REX 6000, Sam Coupe, MSX1,Spectravideo, Mattel Aquarius, Peters Sprinter, and C128 (in z80 mode).

Don't need to worry if these gets too complicated.
I suggest you go for boland as its a more common compiler.
And all creates EXE files..

Notice from whyme:
Whoaa, Whoaa, Whoaa, you've copied and pasted this ENTIRE chunk from http://www.freeware-guide.com/dir/softdev/ccomp.html . You are to QUOTE all text that is not written by you.

I have now *quoted* your text.

-whyme

Edited by whyme (see edit history)

Well, I only use it for simple programs files, like making a shourtcut and making it so you can unzip zip folders and stuff, bUt To Make a bat file its simple: like if you want to start paint with on click what you do is:

1. Open Notepad
2: Enter This:

start C:/Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop.exe
3.Then You save the file as .bat or.exe

Wollla This would make a shortcut thingy, So yeah, as other people said if you want to make a proper exe file whcih runs a program, you need to know some languages :P, Anyways Hope I helped you. Lots of typos but naah.

THere is a program called game maker to make, um, well games, but it can also be used to create simple exe's like a cd autorun menu!There is a program called, something like firestorm. I didn't find it very good, but you can try it. There is also an easy visual programing language called leopard, not alot of features, but once again cd auto run compatable.You will have to google the above to find them

I Need to make a program and i have still no idea what to choose.I like moldboy, also Inspiron because i have some experiance in those fields.Thanks guys,Ill tell you how it turns out.Thanks alot.Asad Haider

i think you look for something like Visual Basic (6).........everybody can make a working exe here...and it would even look nice;Dbut afkors..it wouldn't do anything:D

Thafunny,Because i'm downloading it right now, Lucky.I just want to make simple exe files.Thanks for all your helpAnd all that postedReally, Thanks

Well, my best choice making programs is 'Microsoft Visual Basic' It's pretty easy too understand and alot of good tutorials on it. I have to admit, it is a very spendy program to get but I have alot of fun with it. When you finish all you're coding you can just compile it too be an .EXE and that's almost as basic as it gets!-Jester

you cna use programs to do thatlike ::cC++vbvcc#and many more softwareat first you must learn programming and chosse your platform like web/applicationi think C++ is very hard but VisualBasic 6 its easy and good for begin you can use MSDN for help

I am usin vb and have liitle knowlage of c++,I have made simple programs. vb is hard for newbies though, But not me.

Well, my best choice making programs is 'Microsoft Visual Basic' It's pretty easy too understand and alot of good tutorials on it.  I have to admit, it is a very spendy program to get but I have alot of fun with it. When you finish all you're coding you can just compile it too be an .EXE and that's almost as basic as it gets!

-Jester

141500[/snapback]

Yeah you're right there are a lots of way to make .EXE files it is depend on what software's you are using, like programming language vb6, vfp etc..

Well it more easy if you just search for exe,file,etc compiler software if you not sure how to program a codes.Download it and read the instruction.And for the source codes just search it on internet.And compile it together for making an exe.But anyway you must understand programmer language anyway!what?..EmmM..(Theres no easy way I think)-reply by Coolprit