xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shimich

Adobe Photoshop --- Cyber Abstract

Step 1. Open a new document, make it 800x600pixels and make the background white. Then press D on your keyboard, this will make the colors reset to their default. (black and white)

Step 2. Go to Filter=>Render=>Difference Clouds, press ctrl+F to repeat this step again.

Step 3. Next go to Filter=>Pixelate=>Mezzotint, and use Long Lines

Step 4. Go to Filter=>Blur=>Radial Blur and use the settings shown in the image below:

(make sure you pull the blur center up to the left corner! THIS IS IMPORTANT!)

Posted Image

Here is what I got:

Posted Image

Step 5. Press Ctrl+U from your keyboard to popup your Hue/Saturation window and make it any color you want.

Duplicate the layer (there are many ways you can do this but i just right click the layer and select Duplicate Layer.)

Step 6. Now Select the top layer and go to Edit=>Transform=>Flip Horizontal

Step 7. Change the blend mode to Lighten and you have finished your Cyber Abstract !

Posted Image

(OPTIONAL)

If you wish to go even further for a different design continue to the steps below.

Step 8. Go to your layers box and merge the two layers. This is done by selection your top layer and pressing ctrl+E. Now you should have one layer.

Step 9. Duplicate the layer that you have just merged, now you should be back to two layers.

Step 10. Go to Edit=>Transform=>Flip Vertical. Then change your blending option to Lighten and your finished!

You should get something like this:

Posted Image

:(:(:P

nice tutorial too bad i cant do it. my photoshop is expired and i cant find any kind of way to use it :(:(:P so sad i wish people could post macromedia fireworks tutorials because i have that

Great tutorial, nice effect

I tried it and got a nice effect and went experimenting, duplicated again (after another merge) and colorized it elseways differently, then I gave it a color halftone effect, this is what I had

// image missing //

it made it all less pretty tho, looked much nicer before i went experimenting :P

Wow! That is a really neat effect. I'm going to have to try that out some time. It looks a lot harder when you first see it, but with the steps in your tutorial it shouldn't be too hard. Thanks for sharing that!

nice post quick easy and cool effect for those psychedelic pages lol. I used tomake things along thoselines all the time but have since moved away from that style of graphical work.

Really Nice tutorial indeed.... People can play around a lot with this....... I've seen a tutorial similar to this....... They used lens flare instead of difference clouds........ The main Key point in this tutorial is to set the layer blend mode to lighten...... I've got some really nice effects using these methods ^_^