xisto Community
melkonianarg

Skype - Free Phone Calls! Free software download...

Skype is free Internet telephony
that just works.
Skype is for calling other people on their computers or phones. Download Skype and start calling for free all over the world.

Call ordinary phones from
Skype with SkypeOut.
Top up on SkypeOut credit and use the Skype programme to call ordinary phones all over the world. Not free, but pretty cheap.

Skype Wins 2005 Webby Award for Telecommunications
The Webby, called the Oscars of the Internet by the New York Times, is an award honoring excellence in Web design, creativity, usability and functionality.

SkypeIn and Skype Voicemail beta launched
100 million downloads completed as SkypeIn and Skype Voicemail beta launched with latest versions for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Pocket PC.

Heres a demo: Skype Demo

I'm not sure exactly how it works but i think you can call people for free through their internet connection, but making normal calls does cost, although it will still save a bundle on BT line rental etc. if you set it up for home ue probably!!!! Might be worth downloading to just have a play with, if you have a microphone that is....

I've heard lots of good things about Skype, too. I currently have a Yahoo BB ADSL/Phone connection. With it you also get pretty good rates on international calls. It'll be difficult to switch, but I'll try out Skype when the opportunity arises.

I am using skype for one year and I have to say that its cool when you want to phone with a friend using your internet connectionBut when you are calling using your internet connection, you got to have a broadband connection, if not, you can't surf during your callAnd I use skype for calling my friends in turkey, and it costs me 11 cent per minute, on the normal phone it would cost me up to ten times moreI would recomend skype

Skype is definitely the way to go for VOIP if you want to make really cheap overseas phone calls. It costs something like 2c Australian per minute to call England. Sure, you have to buy the credits to make the calls, but if your friends and family install it too - then you can use it just like MSN or Windows Live Messenger.It's a far better option for Voice, as it was DESIGNED for voice, unlike MSN/WLM which were for text only and were later adapted for voice.I do find that Skype-out calls from Australia to land-lines in the UK are far clearer than Skype-out calls from Australia to Australia. No idea why that is, but definitely cheaper and I would recommend Skype to anyone wanting to make overseas calls.Also - if you buy the credit and don't use it, it does last for 180 days from the LAST CALL YOU MADE. So all you need to do is make one call about every 6 months and your credit remains valid forever.