xisto Community
hype

Folder Max Size.

Is there a way to restrict a folder max size or restrict uploading size to a certain folder from a public user? Like when the folder for guest to upload reach a max size of 500kb, it stops and doesnt allow anymore uploading to the folder...

I don't think I know what your asking, but I'll try to help you. I'll tell you how to create/edit an FTP account with a limited amount of space.1. Go to the FTP manager controls2. Go to FTP accounts3. Click quota on the right of anonymous4. Change the megabytes to your preferencePlease note that you cannot control individual folders but it seems good enough. Since when you upload with another FTP name I'm pretty sure it goes to a different directory, but I'm not sure about that. If I'm wrong about anything someone say so. Good luck!

maybe also what you can do is make a html page where they can upload all there stuff but you can give the html page a check that it will check if the thing ur users upload will stay under 500kb...of you can try that with php...you can look at hotscripts.com there you got allot of those

Well, even if you restrict others to upload only 500 kb, they can still upload 100 over of them and just hang up your server... Anyway, thanks for you guys help!!