xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Molotov

Focusing In Photoshop Cs creating that professional effect

Author:Molotov

Level: Medium

Copyright: Molotov 2005

Ok, well I know you guys have seen this done were they take a black and white photo and make one object or section of it in color to really give it that professional look and appeal.

Ok lets start off with a nice picture, since i like motorbikes we will use the picture i used for my signature. After you do that lets duplicate the layer, then we need to desaturate the duplicated layer by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+U, sorry make you users i dont know the hot key, so you will have to do it the old fashioned way.

Posted Image

Your layer order should be as follows:

Posted Image

Ok, next we are going to make sure Layer 2 is the active or selected layer, and we are going to use the magic eraser tool and click on the desaturated layer on the object, obviously the bike and its rider to reveal the hidden color underneath:

Posted Image

Continue doing this until you get your desired effect, here is mine below:

Posted Image

Now you can add cool affects to it like i did my sig just remember to have fun!

Your Bud,

Molotov

Nice tutorial, but you messed it up on a point, the back of the rider went to the background too, losing the real focus on the bike+rider itself, overall great tutorial though