xisto Community
Nani Cheri

Need Help Uploading Frontpage Pages can anyone helpe me please??

I was so glad My application for free hosting Package 2 was approved! I'm now at the cpanel site...you now http://ww38.yoursite.com/cpanel and I have noooo idea what to do next!! I want to make a site...I have a site saved in Frontpage...so does anyone know how to upload it or something...I've never did this before so I have no idea. I also would like to work with HTML....but how do I do this...I mean is there anywhere a place in the menus where I can upload it ?

I'd really appreciate anyone helping me. I couldn't find a help topic anywhere on the site...or FAq..

I dont have a qlue what to do know...Im like ...OKAY??? :( Right now...hahahaha

Notice from snlildude87:
You might want to make a more descriptive title next time to attract attention

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

For starters, this forum (the tutorials forum) is for tutorial submissions - not to ask questions. You have to post in the Hosted Members Area for that (which I have moved).

Second, do you have .html or .htm files from frontpage? You probably have those...so what you want to do is find the feature called "File Manager" in your cPanel. Click on File Manager. A window should pop up. In that window, there should be a bunch of file and folder names. Click on the icon of public_html. Now, find a file called index.html and click on its name. Now, a menu should appear in the top right hand pane of the File Manager window. Find the option called Delete File or something similar (it should be called Delete File if I'm correct). Click on Delete File. In the bottom right hand of the File Manager window, click on the trash can. Now, in the left pane, click on Upload File(s). You can click on the big black arrow or the word - it doesn't matter. You should be taken to a page with a bunch of text boxes. Click on Browse for one of the textboxes and browse for the initial starting page[/b] of your site - it should be called "index.html" or "index.htm" or "main.html" or "default.html" or something very similar. Double click on that file. The browse window should disappear now. Finally, click the Upload button at the bottom to upload it.

To view the file that you just uploaded, go you yoursite.trap17.com/[file you just uploaded] (get rid of the brackets when typing this into the URL).

Good luck! :(

Thanks veryyy mmuch!!! You really helped me with this...and didnt new from the host member area, i will do that in the future.... i you check this again i have one question: do I have to upload all the pics etc too...cause I cant see my image or background

Thanks veryyy mmuch!!! You really helped me with this...and didnt new from the host member area, i will do that in the future.... i you check this again i have one question: do I have to upload all the pics etc too...cause I cant see my image or background

139764[/snapback]

this just another way to do it. yes, this way is easier for small site with very few files. you will use ftp program one day, as your site getting bigger and bigger there will be more files to upload when you want to change layout. try to imagine how long does it take you to upload 100 files? how many times you have to click for it? this is the point why ftp porgrams are exists in the internet, with ftp program i can simple select them and pull them to the program, it will automatic upload for me.

No problem.

Yes, you have to upload all your pics to the public_html folder in order to see them. Basically, your website base is the public_html folder. You can also make directories, too. For example, you can make a folder called images in your public_html folder, and upload all your images there. Then, you can view your images by typing into your browser: yoursite.trap17.com/images/image.jpg or something like that...