xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
scab_dog

Which Sig Is Better? I just started making sigs

Which Sig is Better?

I just Started making Sigs, These are my first sigs so they are not professional so you can laugh at at freely:

Sig No 1

Posted Image

Sig No 2

Posted Image

Sig No 3

Posted Image

Sig No 4

Posted Image

Sig No 5==This is the worst one i've made \/

Posted Image

Well Which one is better?

Number 4 is the best.#1 -- Too simple, bad font, text could use effects, text on bottom hard to see.#2 -- Bad image, bad font, text could use effects, icky yellow color.#3 -- Too simple, bad font, text could use effects, bad image.#4 -- Nice colors, good font, good image, needs border.#5 -- That weird stuff under the name sucks, text could use efects, overlapping images looks odd.Sorry for being critical, but I can honestly say that it was comments like these that made me better. I'll show you some of my really old stuff sometime, and you can see the drastic improvements...And it wouldn't hurt to check out my tutorials in the how to's and tutorials section, or pixel2life.com or good-tutorials.com . Those are all good resources on sigging.But overall, you're off to a good start. Keep it up.(BTW, why do some of them have daman's name on them?)

All looks good, I dont really like the third one, #4 is nice, I believe it's the best but I think #1 suits your avatar. :(

1 - Simple, subtext looks awful... though it's bold..2 - Not the worst image, but really font could have been much better, choose something with that "pencil" feel to it. Blending in, in terms of colour would be good too.3 - Don't like it, toilet's are more complex than you're making out :(4 - Nice render used, though feels unoriginal5 - Different at least, on the right, I think it has a quaint feel. If you could make the background patterns hide some message or picture it'd be quite interesting.As Johnny said, not a bad start. I think you really should try blending in everything more, and adding a border, even if it's a 1px black border on the outside. Simple sigs aren't always bad, it usually just needs a keen eye to pick out a nice render and a nice font to go together with a simple border :(

In order of achievment:1 = worst, 5 = best.1.3 - I'm sorry, this one clashes. The toilet is a rough drawing and it doesn't match.2.5 - This...makes me dizzy. I'm sorry but it's a little scruffy.3.1 - this is getting better. It's a bit to simple and blurred but it's ok and suitable for a sig.4.2 - for once comical text actually fits the image, in this case it's very good color combination BUT i think a dark orange or white outline wouldn't hurt.5.4 - It has color, it has nice bright colors and i love the colors, need i say more. Too bad the imageis just ripped from halo...or is it? But still, that glow effect really is nice. The sig would look nicer smaller and with a black border around the whole thing.Actually, this is just my opinion as you asked, but it the end i think you should choose yourself.

All looks good, I dont really like the third one, #4 is nice, I believe it's the best but I think #1 suits your avatar. :(

139595[/snapback]

how is that?

anyways, i agree with most ppl here. #4 definitely is the best of them.

i'll leave it to the pros to make constructive criticisms. i'm a little too new at sigs to offer helpful advice. :(

Sigs look really bad without borders :(Sig no. 4 would be the best if it had a border :(Sig no. 1 is just too plain :(Sig no. 2 just isnt the sort of style used :(Sig no. 3 is just well... simple.and Sig no. 5 is ok but could do with improving.:(~ Munchie ~

Well, leave it to me to go against the grain... I personally liked the red pheonix one. Sure, number 4 was good as well, but I thought the other one was better. I don't know why... it just stands out in my mind.

Yeah, I liked the Toilet95 one it looked cool, but i think no 4 was the best!!

Well I made this one: used a screen shot of fabel:

Posted Image

I think nr 1,2,3 and 4 are very very good, but as you said, nr.5 isn't as good as the othersAll in all I would prefer number four.And to styx' sig: I am a car freak, and it's really awesome!