xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Name That Baby! and she will be called...

Which name would you choose?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My partner in crime, Mr. H., just had a baby. A healthy baby girl. Well, actually he did not have the baby?his wife did. But the baby has no name, yet. They are still in the mist of choosing a name to call this precious little thing. She is so fragile. I was very fortunate enough to be invited to see this little one. She pooped massive thingy while I was there, and Mr. H. didn?t even blink and changed the baby?s diaper. I mean he instinctively knew what to do. He seemed like he has been doing it for 10 years. Amazing. Amazing how a person can flip on a switch and know how to take care of one?s offspring. There must be a gene within each of us that is dormant until the day it needs to be recalled.So I thought I would call upon the help of my new found forum family. I would like to know your input on following names that they are thinking. Or, if you have a suggestion please feel free to drop in a reply. I will post back once the name is chosen. At a glance, Mr. H. looked worried. He later confided in me that he had uncontrollable thoughts about his ability to support, now, two other people. Can he really do a good job raising his little one? Would he be able to provide the kind of things that a child needs? Will his finance live up to the kind of life that a family man should provide? These were the very first troublesome questions he had during his first turn of breath, since the birth of his daughter. And that made me wonder. Will I be able to think that large once I am in the similar situation? Mr. H. never worried in his life (well, at least during the past 9 years that I have known him). And his career is unbelievably secured and solid. His works were praised by Microsoft and Sun Micro for his ability to secure a network. He has been invited to attend seminars and symposiums that only top level FBI security members would attend. And here he was, telling me that he was scared. Boy that hit me like a lightening. I am lucky if I can start the day around 12pm. I am so careless with my money, half of the time I have no idea where it went. I still live recklessly yearning for good old bachelor?s life. I pray to God that I get a nice kick in the buttocks to jump start my life. But in the end, I suppose I have to rely on good support from those who are around me and that ?instinctive gene? that I mentioned before to kick in.Thanks for taking the time to read.

The miracle of birth is not in the fact that a child is born, or the complex biochemical interactions that occur in order of this even to happen, but in the amaizing psycological transformation that occurs in the parents of said child. I had the joy of experiencing this not too long ago (ok, almost 3 years ago, but ask any parent three years of watching a child grow seems like three minutes of Real Time) and all those same concerns hit me. It is amaizing how quickly life turns from your own personal concerns to that of the welfare and happiness of a child.The mere fact that you are wondering this implies, to me anyways, that you are capbable of thinking like this, you just have no reason yet.

I'd Call her Emily!!!! Why? :( Ehhrrrr..... I dunno...Cause my mom is called like that too I guess...altough Evelyne isn't a bad name ttoo... I like the names.. But anyways congratualtions with your...friends daughter? :(

and yes, a child grows very fast!! I see that with my little cousin...she's 3 years now..and I could remember holding her in my arms when she couldn't even speak. Now, its like she invented the word mouth :( ...but its cute dough...

huh...a baby girl.first to celeberate to them your partner.umm.i think the name Emily sounds lovely for a girl.though there are many same name exits yet,everyone owns different charactoriztic and personal ideal. :rolleyes: anyhow,hope her a excellent future.

Awww thats awesome news. My little one turned 7 months on the 27th. I named him D'Angelo and he suits his name. He looks like a little cherub. I like the name Claire but I think Emily Claire sounds great if she doesnt have a middle named picked out already.

Lol, I am gonna go a lil off course. Name here Leia of Padme. Yes I know I am even more obsessed with Star Wars after seeing the origins of Vader. And I heard about this guy who is going to name his son Anakin.

Well if he names here Seven of Nine, they have to get here Borg implants, which can be pretty expensive. If they name her Padme they just have to make sure she doesn't mix up with those Jedi. And if they choose Leia they could say *Vader noise* "Leia, I am your father." *Vader noise* Oh god, that would be funny, especially if the child has watched Star Wars. Man, I am going way off topic. Dude, just give her a nice name like Emily or Sarah or Jeanette or something like that. The above about Star Wars and Star Trek is just my obsession speaking, don't listen to it. "Resistance is futile..."