xisto Community
tariqrf

No Access To Folders In Root?

I normally use a software called webdrive to access my folder on the Xisto servers, but apparently, since yesterday, i havent been able to acess it at all...so i used the filemanager in cpanel to get access... it am unable to go through the public_html folder... what could be wrong?.. is there something wrong with the server? because, i can access my site and all the files that are there inside public_html are acessible, but not through ftp... have i been barred or something?help,Tariq

Tariq, I'm not sure, but I do know that I am able to access my files through FTP...The problem could be because of your FTP manager. What FTP manager are you using? I'm using WS_FTP Pro to transfer my files to my site....Did you contact OpaQue and ask?

ok, i am able to use the filemanager in cpanel, but still no ftp,,, i even tried going directly to ftp.tariq.trap17.com.... but no good.. i think its the ftp problem, not the ftp software, but the ftp access in my Xisto account. let me try using another ftp software.. Thanx for help, snildudeT.

i think its the ftp problem, not the ftp software, but the ftp access in my Xisto account. let me try using another ftp software..

so i downloaded ws ftp and tried it out,

ok.. there is nothing wrong on my side (i think)...

when i connect using ws ftp,, it says:

Finding Host ftp.tariq.trap17.com ...

Connecting to 69.31.76.84:21

Connect failure

hmmm...

what does that mean...?

help!,

Tariq

Finding Host ftp.tariq.trap17.com ...

Connecting to 69.31.76.84:21

Connect failure

139754[/snapback]

try to change "ftp.tariq.trap17.com" to "tariq.trap17.com"

try to change "ftp.tariq.trap17.com" to "tariq.trap17.com"

139783[/snapback]

That won't work. FTP addresses start with ftp.xxx.trap17.com here at Xisto.

Well, tariq, I don't know what else to tell you....try talking to one of the admins about your problem....

That won't work. FTP addresses start with ftp.xxx.trap17.com here at Xisto.

i always log on to my ftp with mysite.trap17.com with cuteftp and smartftp without any problem.