xisto Community
shigajet

Upgrading Wordpress 1.2 To 1.5

The only way in which you can update to Wordpress 1.5 is if Fantastico install Wordpress 1.5, and to get that, the admins will have to get a new version of Fantastico which will cost money.I would just recommend that you backup the MySQL database that Wordpress is using, and go to the official website, and download Wordpress 1.5. Then, import the database to Wordpress 1.5, and every entry that you've made should be restored. :(This is what I had to do with my Nucleus blog, and it only took me 30 minutes to get everything up and running again.Good luck!!

yah what snlildude87 said about is correct.

dun worry go ahead. i sucessfully done this before.

download version 1.5, upload and manually update it. they have update script only specific about v1.2 to v1.5, check on their site carefully.

when admin free, i believe they will put in this update script and we can access from cpanel :(

now you go with manually.. dun worry, you will get experience :(

will help you if happen to face problems... :(

Thanks for the tip. I still have one more step to go. I've followed the step-by-step instructions so far on the WordPress website (and on the codex WP tutorial site). The last step is to run wp_config.php in order to get everything up and running. Where can I find it in the phpMyAdmin section?

Actually, I meant to say upgrade.php. I couldn't remember the name exactly. Oh well. Doesn't matter now. I found it and ran the file from the cpanel file manager - now it's up and running! The next step - customize it (create my own theme/style).Thanks for all your help!