xisto Community
emperor

Have You Ever Heard These Names Of School?

What of this university's names have you heard often?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Next year I'll decide what university I will attend.After the undergraduate degree I would get my MBA in a US or UK university. But many of them accept only some applicants. And here my problem borns.If Iw'll have more oppurtunity to enter one of this university (Stanford, Harvard, Wharton or London Business School for example) I should have get my degree in a important and well know university. So I'd like to know if you (that probably aren't expert of italian university) have ever heard universities listed in the pool (Bocconi, Luiss and Tor Vergata) and it'll be better if you say what have you heard about these.

These Universities are probably in Italy or some other neighbouring Europian country if I am not mistaken.I make my guess based on the names of Universities themselves and the mention of Italy in the post...

All university listed in the pool are italian ones. In fact I'm italian and I'll attend an italian university (for my undergraduate). My question is: do you know these italian university (these are the three best business school in Italy and are located in Milan and Rome)? If yes, what the most famous in UK or USA?

Sorry, I've never heard of those three Italian schools. But I'm sure you could find out a lot about them and what kinds of schools they are by doing a Google search.As for US and UK Universities: I'd say Harvard is the most famous US one and Oxford is the most famous UK one.But in the US there are so many Universities, probably one or more per state. In the UK, Cambridge is also a very popular University.What exactly are you looking to study in University? Knowing that might help people to help you better in suggesting a good school.

the USA isn't exactly known for being knowledgeable about the world outside their own borders. The best way to determine this is to look at some rankings (produced by american sources) of world universities and see if your desired university has even made the list. chances are, most of those universities on the list will be from the USA.

When I looked at MBA universities, The top 50 schools did not include any italian universities. Considering this, I would suspect that for undergraduate programs, italian universities will not be well known.

I did a quick google search...

check this link http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
- only 1 itialian university in the top 100 (ranked 93rd)
- but this ranking is from a chinese university and not american

this link http://www.thetimes.co.uk/
- UK listing of top 50 universities in the world... none are italian

nope, sorry never heard of them... but then again, I've only heard of US, Canadian and British universities together with a few in Germany and Netherlands.

One should only enroll at a university that is registered (obvious) and been around for a while so you know what you getting in to.