xisto Community
Milk

Marina -> Psychophiria A State of Shock Depiction

For my Biology Semester long project, we're working on our portfolios this week/weekend and we have to have a theme and cover page etc. So for my project, it's on panic and so I had to make a cover page somewhat related to my topic. For my cover, I did a drawing.

Her name is Marina and she's...in a state of shock I suppose. It's from an aerial perspective, so don't be confused or think I'm really bad at porportions. I didn't know what to do for the background.....I was gonna do like, grass or something, but then decided to this psychedelic abstractism kind of thing. It's kinda cool, kinda gay, whatever. It reminds me of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory for some strange reason, but you know. It's like an explosion of color. I tried to keep it as bright as possible, but I really don't have any neon-ish colors anyways. Maybe an excessive use of yellow was put into place? Sorry if it hurts the eyes.

Marina was at first supposed to be a somewhat realistic person, but I totally messed up. I tried so hard to make her actually look like she was shocked or scared or something of the sort, but I ended up making her eyes and mouth too big and so there was no room for her nose. So now she looks like some douched up anime character or something. Her hands are disporportionate from her head, but it's okay cause she's not even real. I had a little trouble making her fingers look like they were turned up, but I guess it turned out alright in the end. I messed up her dress thing. It's supposed to look like it's all wavy and stuff, but it just looks like plain crap. Too bad.

By the sound of her name, you'd think she should be a blue-dressed girl. Well, I had thought up the name after I did the drawing so that was a bit retarded of me, but I love that name. I hate pink, but my teacher is all like, "omg it has to be cute blah blah" so I just decided pink. But now that I think of it, I should've gone with green...since it's my favorite color anyways. That would've been cool though.

Anyways, please look at it, critique and comment. Say anything negative anything positive (although negative would be more helpful, positive comments are nice :() Tell me what I need to fix, what I need to change, etc. I worked pretty hard on it...probably around 2 hours haha. But yeah, when you hold it up in the air and let the light hit it, it looks like a piece of wax paper. Quite interesting anyways.

Stats:

Time - A span of Wednesday to Saturday, little by little, a total of 7 hours.

Title - Marina

Medium - Colored Pencil

Size - Regular Letter 8.5/11

Tabbed - Psychedelic

Marina:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mi1k/media/marinated.jpg.html

=( I must really, really suck for not even one reply. Even for a negative reply?? ;_; Now Xisto has hurt my feelings.Either that or this is the wrong forum. I couldn't find another forum. I would've posted it in the GrApHiCs whatever forum, but I thought that was for digital stuff. This was the second closest thing. =(

Gragh! You guys suck. ::hate::

=O You didn't even have to read it! just scrolled down and read that I wanted a critique. Thank you for being my first poster ;_; I know i sound like a loser, but I really wanted critisizm. Her hands...I tried to make it look like her fingers are sort of up so that her hands aren't just flat. They look really small compared to her head but whatever. This isn't a real picture. Thanks though =)