xisto Community
Dayzed

Anyone Want To Do A 'small' Code For Me? I need my links at my site fixed.

Hi dayzed,

your source code on your page reads as follows:

<body><a class="menu" href="/"><FONT COLOR="#008000">Home</font></a><br /><a class="menu" href="index.php"><FONT COLOR="#008000">Boards</font></a><br /><a class="menu" href="help.php"><FONT COLOR="#008000">Help</font></a><br /><a class="menu" href="game/index.php"><FONT COLOR="#008000">Giga Legends</font></a><br /><a class="menu" href="search.php"><FONT COLOR="#008000">Search</font></a><br /><a class="menu" href="mod_app_intro.php"><FONT COLOR="#008000">Mod Applications</font</a><br />

If you remove ALL the <br/> code stops EXCEPT the last one (ie. ...Applications</font</a><br />).. then your links "should all be on a single line.

Don't know how to use php to do the other stuff though..

You can change the "default color" .. just by changing the "<FONT COLOR="#008000"> number to some other color number.

Hope this helps

RGPHNX

PS- If this helps you in any way.. feel free to... + my rep

Notice from Johnny:
Added code tags.

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

You see the links at the top? I need those to have maybe a backround that reflects the users current theme sidebar color, and I need them to be spread out left to right. I am currently trying to learn php, so I have no idea where to start/what to do.

139078[/snapback]

Wow, did you program those forums from scratch? I love it when members do this sort of thing... :(

Thanks RGPHNX. I know how to change the color. What I ment was, some users can change the color schemes of the board and only effect themself, and no one else. I wanted to know how to make it so that User A could be on the Aqua Theme and have the link color of that theme, and User B had the Brushed Metal Theme and it have the color links of that theme.

Thanks RGPHNX. I know how to change the color. What I ment was, some users can change the color schemes of the board and only effect themself, and no one else. I wanted to know how to make it so that User A could be on the Aqua Theme and have the link color of that theme, and User B had the Brushed Metal Theme and it have the color links of that theme.

139229[/snapback]

You would have to look into PHP sessions. That should help you a bit on your search. :(

Since I have no clue about PHP sessions, maybe google can point you into the right direction. :(

No need for PHP sessions for this one.

I recommend that you initiate a "site-theme changer" so your members can change the text link colours, layout, etc.

This can be done via Javascript.

You will find this useful: http://idontsmoke.co.uk/2002/ss/

I'd code all this stuff for you, but I've got a Bio and Calc exam coming up so don't have much time right now.

- whyme

Wow, did you program those forums from scratch?  I love it when members do this sort of thing... :(

139192[/snapback]

Well, he didn't.

Original script by and copyright Š2002-2004 ultimategamer00.

This is what it says in the footer of the board. That means he has taken the forum software and installed it in his site. But has done a god job at creating posts and topics.

Keep it up...

Nope, like googlue pointed out, he did not code those from scratch. It's the LUE 2 source which is an edited whiteFyre source (http://whitefyre.com/) coded by ultimategamer00, edited by sfsc (SoFreshSoClean). Dayzed, Just do this.

/*

REMOVE ALL <br /> TAGS, THEN USE THE CODE BELOW

*/

<table border="0" align="center" width="100%">

<tr>

<td class="b" align="center">

/*

LINKS GO HERE, SEPARATED BY A SPACE

*/

</td>

</tr>

</table>

Well, he didn't.

This is what it says in the footer of the board. That means he has taken the forum software and installed it in his site. But has done a god job at creating posts and topics.

Keep it up...

139601[/snapback]

But I changed to topic bar and added some few extra things- mostly things you get when you have at least 200 karma.