xisto Community
lil_chris

How Mnay Dvds You Got?

i have a 117 dvds and still have about 9 on preorder i always order my dvds why they still at pictures :( am always buying them. how many dvds to you have?

Five and I never watch them - so I have no intention of buying any more. I know people, like you, with hundreds which just sit there and take up space. They can't watch them all

i have a 117 dvds and still have about 9 on preorder i always order my dvds why they still at pictures :( am always buying them. how many dvds to you have?

139039[/snapback]

Holy osmosis! A 117 DVDs and still growing?

I have about 7 and probably it will stay that way. My view on DVD is that it is a time capsule for the Hollywood. And I only collect titles are going to be ?timeless.? For example, Eric Clapton ?Unplugged? and Eagles ?When Hell Freezes Over.? You will never get to see concerts like that, not now or not ever. Also, classic movies like, ?A River Runs Through It? and ?Casablanca.? Otherwise, it?s a weekly rental from my local movie store. I suppose I can say that there aren?t many movies I would like to collect. Maybe I feel that it?s not worth collecting due to poor script or poor theme. We have bunch of those these days, i.e. anything starting Jennifer Lopez. But you have a movie that comes only once in a life time and you see it and see it and? ?Gladiator? would be one of them.

Most of my friends download movies and watch them. I suppose in a sense, they think they are saving the renting fees. But they have not considered the hours and hours of computer being turned on and eating up electricity? And they keep ALL of them in their hard drive. Talk about pack-rats.

Man, I've hardly met that many dvd fanatics, the most I know of someone having WAS about 60. I only have about 10, and I doubt it will grow, unless you count me putting some of my animes to dvd, and getting rid of a few of them from my pc, I'll have about 10-15 more dvds, but thats all I'll most likely ever have. I don't bother buying that many, I just usually rent them, because I can't ever be asked to go spend that much money on dvds.

My sister and brother-in-law are like that. They have tons of DVDs just so that they can have them. It looks impressive, and it's handy if I ever want to borrow one, but many of them aren't even opened. I ask my sister how a certain movie is and she tells me she's never seen it.I've got less than 10 DVDs personally. (I'll count my Law & Order: Criminal Intent, season 1 as one :( ) A couple of them I got as gifts- I like to stick to things that I am actually going to watch over and over.

do you mean dvd disks or players? Because we have around 7 dvd players or more. My mum's addicted to them, and buys the latest one out even though there isn't much difference... i've told her off but she wont listen.We've got probably over 300 dvd's my mum's also addicted to buying dvd thingies... most of them are hers.. i probably only have around 20 just for me... which are all chick flicks LOL.I don't see the point in a dvd player really i mean there's computers.. :(We probably got more dvds than some people because my mum somehow managed to get her hands on a dvd player before it was even out in england and bought all this crap and dvd's etc... from her stupid little friends.She hasn't even seen half of them...sometimes she goes out to work and comes home with like 3 dvds in her hand... she's obsessed probably... but i don't blame her I mean she's had me.. no wonder she's gone a bit toodle.. lol kidding

i've got about 40 DVDs but i havent bought any in a while and theres quite a few more that i'd really like to get and over a hundread more that i want but i dont have rnough money to buy all the DVDs i want