lil_chris

Tomb Raider: Legend

I love the tomb raifer and am hoping this weill be good here are a few pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

for more pic clickHERE

cant wait for this game :(

anymore tomb raider fans on Xisto?

i like the progress the the series made but never really played them at all but i know about all the ups and downs this series had and if the movie people where smart don't make a third movie.

i havent really played alot of the games either. I played one from psone along time ago and it was ok. The new ones seems to have really good graphics and i have heard good things about the psp version that is coming out soon. I am hoping this will be good if so i think i will try the latest one before this one for ps2.

I have to say that I've never played the first Tomb Raider games, or any of the sequels, save for this one. And after playing Legend - I've become a Lara Croft addict. I'll admit that the game is short - but I don't really have any issues with that. For those of you who like a little variety in their gaming experiences, then this is good fun. The puzzles are interesting, and once you've got the hang of one, you ought to catch on to the rest. One thing that did amaze me is the fluidity of Lara's movements. I've played a couple games where jumping from one place to another becomes an issue when it shouldn't be - you're not going to have that problem here. You will, however, take a short while to become accustomed to the camera angle (I'm assuming this is only in the PC version), which requires the movement of the mouse to manipulate. The first level where Lara explores a temple in Bolivia allows you to familiarize yourself with her movements. There are instructions that pop up during gameplay, helping you to get from one location to another. Lara comes equipped with a PLS (personal light source), 2 standard handguns, binoculars (which can be turned on to RAD mode, in which you can view which objects can be moved, are flammable, are part of a mechanism to a puzzle or are fragile) and health packs (she can only carry 3 - max). When you kill enemies, you have the option of getting a better weapon in addition to your 2 handguns. You can also carry a maximum of 4 grenades. The graphics are terrific. Installation of the game takes up a lot of memory (even more than SIMS 2!), so be sure you have enough space on your hard drive. The disk space use-up is justified, though. They have paid a lot of attention to detail in each level. The two things that seriously annoy me is that you can only save at certain "checkpoints" and cannot skip previously viewed cutscenes. When playing the game and advancing to different locations, a pop-up appears indicating that you've reached a checkpoint. That way, if you die, you won't have to replay that level from the beginning. It's all well and good, but you cannot save BETWEEN checkpoints. Due to this reason, I cannot find a way to skip cutscenes I've already seen. E.g. Lara meets with a bad guy, they chat, bad guy gets mad and they fight. If Lara dies, you resume the game while playing through the scenario over again. To sum up, if you're a flexible gamer who likes variety and a little challenge (play this game using the HARD difficulty level!), then go for it. If you're the kind of person who's into more of a specific kind of experience, stick to your thing.

To be honest, this game was not all that satisfying at all. I didn't enjoy it, and it could have used a bunch of work. The controls are wacky, and the graphics are mediocre. I think that the hype made this game bigger than it was. The shooting system is putrid, and the controls are not all that great. The experience was also very predictable, nothing about this game was new to games in general, the only thing amazing about it, was that it brought Tomb Raider up from that pit of shame that it was living in for quite some time now.

This is the first Tomb Raider video game I have played. I played this video game not expecting much from it. However, once I started playing it, it fully astonished me. The graphics of the video game are amazing; they really draw you in and make you feel small in a large beautiful world. The landscapes are incredible tapestries come to life. Lara Croft?s movements are very realistic, fluid and unbelievably gorgeous. She moves and looks like a real athletic woman. The story is one of the best I have ever seen in a video game. Complex and engaging with various twists, turns and discoveries.The music of the video game is very stirring, rhythmic and divine.The bosses in the game are some of the most unique I have ever faced. I especially could not get enough of the final boss.The difficulty of the game in normal is not much of a challenge but in hard the video game excells.

Edited by iancovenant (see edit history)