xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kiko_Way

Need Advice. Socket A and pretty decent or Socket 939 and poor specs?

I am building a computer soon, and I dont know which to go for. I am leaning torwards socket 939 becuase I can upgrade to AMD 64 3X00 latter when I have more money, but that wont be for at least 6 months. So, then I started thinking about getting a socket A computer that has an AMD XP 3000+. If I get the socket A, I can get a 128MB VC and a Gig of RAM, but if I get the 939 I will have to settle with intergrated video and 512MB of RAM for a while. I am asking you this, should I go for socket A or 939?

go for socket 939 with amd 64 technology, in this case you do not have to buy new montherboard when you got more enough money to spend on your computer. And also i believe socket A will not use the power in 1gb fast ram, that just a waste.let's say if you get socket A now, you will need to change motherboard and processor in the future, therefore the motherboard is a wasted unless you can get a buyer, but in nowaday socket A motherboard are damn cheap and people usually go for amd 64 bit. If you go for socket 939 now, you only need to buy better ram and other hardware, so in my opinion you will not waste any money in socket 939 :(

...Socket A is whirly too old..(it's good...but can't compare with 939)...so i would sugest socket 939...with Athlon 64 3000+ (winchester..or Venice..)