xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Thunder

I Robot

I, Robot was a good movie I will concede. But it had nothing to do with the Isaac Asimov book by the same name.The book was much more indepth, with Susan Calvin giving an interview about the evolution of the different kinds of robots. Robots that could think for themselves, have other robots operating under them, robots seeming to replace humans... etc. It was an interesting glimpse into our near-future.The movie explores the murder of one of the pioneers in the world of robotics, Alfred Lanning. Through a robot-suspect Smith's character discovers what really goes on inside the US Robotics corporation. He does discover the murderer, but it has an exciting twist that is pleasantly surprising as the secondary story. The movie does a great job with special effects and digitals, definitely one to see this summer.

i saw it yesterday, and it was much better than i thought (after seeing trailers and wat friends said). i used to think that half of it was copying the idea of the matrix (robots rebelling) but then i remembered that the movie was based on a novel (called 'I,Robot') that i think was made before the matrix was outhas anyone else seen this movie yet?

The only thing the film has in connection with the book = The name.I heard that this is film is by far the biggest sell out ever. they adverise a ton of companies in it.

but then i remembered that the movie was based on a novel (called 'I,Robot') that i think was made before the matrix was out

have you never heard of Isaac Asimov, possibly THE greatest science fiction writer of our time!?

Asimov has written whole series based on the idea of the use of robots in our future societies!

In the Robot Novels alone, there are 4 books.. Foundation Novels - 7 books, along with several books written with Robert Silverberg.

No offense, but I'm a bit dumbfounded. How have you not heard of Isaac Asimov? I'm not a science fiction nut, but I'm still plenty familiar.

And just for the record.... I, Robot was published in 1950. Just a few years before The Matrix

The only thing the film has in connection with the book  = The name.
I heard that this is film is by far the biggest sell out ever. they adverise a ton of companies in it.

Have you read the book? I haven't but even I know the novel was where the basis for the 3 laws comes from. I'm sure that there's more than just the title in common... even if it's something as miniscule as the type of robots that were around for everyday life. I.E. ns-4 and ns-5. I also remember Sonny was indeed the name of the chosen robot. Before you hack it, why don't you do a little research?

And about the advertising, yeah it's there. But c'mon, looking at the audi of the future, which audi designed for the movie, there's no way you can knock that. Not if you have an appreciation for cars at least, especially good cars.

The only thing the film has in connection with the book  = The name.
I heard that this is film is by far the biggest sell out ever. they adverise a ton of companies in it.

That's true.

The movie, IMO, wasn't *great*, but I enjoyed it.