xisto Community
WaZ

Creating Games Is Easy... ...with this thingy

I've used that I think, can't remember, was a while ago, was a demo.

tried my hand at Dark Basic Pro, no luck :)

137709[/snapback]

It's purpose was for every game. However, the features are not very advance on TGF so you could make platformer and other 2D and scrolling games. I doubt a 3D game will ever be created off it. (Well, a decent one)

The Games Factory is a disaster.
Its poorly written, terrible to use, no avanced coding, no multiplayer support, no extenstions... its a total mess.

Really, https://www.yoyogames.com/ is far easier to use, more powerful, and alot less buggier. I tried GF at first and i almost quit, until i found Game Maker, and now im making games till my Hard Drive fills up :)

Really, if you want to try GF, try Game Maker as well....

Mmmh I don't think any of these game making programs allow you to create a professional game... You better code something yourself.Unless you want to make a First person shooter game, you can make an excellent game modding an existing engine :blink:

Mmmh I don't think any of these game making programs allow you to create a professional game... You better code something yourself.

Unless you want to make a First person shooter game, you can make an excellent game modding an existing engine :blink:

220422[/snapback]

I assume you havent tried famous game maker games such as Jumper 2, or Hover Tank 3d? even others. No, Game Maker has the potentional to make extremely well done adn professional games. The thing is that most people cant be bothered, dont have the time (which is an excuse, and more falls on slackness) or make an engine and need to re-script it.... and once again, slackness...

Game Maker has the potentional to make extremely well done adn professional games.

221032[/snapback]

As programmer (made my 1st program when I was 8yrs) I believe, that doing game with those Game Makers will never be so professional (ok, it depend much about programmer) as games build with C++. Game Maker etc. could be good choice to beginner without any programming knowledge, but with any knowledge there is more powerful ways to make game.

As programmer (made my 1st program when I was 8yrs) I believe, that doing game with those Game Makers will never be so professional (ok, it depend much about programmer) as games build with C++. Game Maker etc. could be good choice to beginner without any programming knowledge, but with any knowledge there is more powerful ways to make game.

221037[/snapback]

With that i agree, but unless your hardcore and got plently of time, gmaker is really all you need. Also, i get the feeling that you havent visited it in a while, if tahts the case, its gotten alot better recently.

Also, i get the feeling that you havent visited it in a while, if tahts the case, its gotten alot better recently.

221193[/snapback]

Yes, as I changed to use Linux only, I haven't tried it in a while. I will give it a shot as soon as Wine (Windows emulator) wants to work.

Yes, as I changed to use Linux only, I haven't tried it in a while. I will give it a shot as soon as Wine (Windows emulator) wants to work.

221903[/snapback]

Im 99% sure it doesnt work. Espessily since its now based on DirectX 8.

The Games Factory is a disaster.Its poorly written, terrible to use, no avanced coding, no multiplayer support, no extenstions... its a total mess.

Really, https://www.yoyogames.com/ is far easier to use, more powerful, and alot less buggier. I tried GF at first and i almost quit, until i found Game Maker, and now im making games till my Hard Drive fills up ;)

Really, if you want to try GF, try Game Maker as well....

Yes, that one works very well. i havent tried the other(s) yet, so i don't know.

~Tay

Nice bump. Almost anything, from simple games (like pacman) to more avanced ones, even possibly some of the better 3d games of the last few years. Not at the moment however, but if someone would write an api for something like orge3d (for example), then.... It's got an extension interface, and using it I've seen GM's capabilities extend 10 fold.