xisto Community
sunkist

Database Help

Hi:I hope somebody can help me with this. I have never used a database or php or mySQL on my site before. Totally new at it.I found a great looking greating card program I want to add to my site, called Sendcard. I have uploaded it to my site. When I am going thru the installation wizard it is asking me for information that I don't know.---the data base host--- the name of the database---username ---passwordDo I need to go to cpanel and go into mySQL and set it up? Or is it done automatically? Or at least, where is a good online tutorial so I know how to set this up.Thanks!Sunkist

Yeah, you go into cPanel and click on MySQL, and set up the thing yourself.I'm not sure about what script you're using but most of the time you will have to modify the config file to enter your database details.I think cPanel will prefix all databases and usernames with your cPanel username. So if your username in cPanel is sunkist, your database will be sunkist_databasename, and your username will also be sunkist_username.I think most of the time the database host should be localhost (by default, so no need to change this).You set your own username and password. Most people use "admin" as the username for scripts.That's all. Any other questions you can PM me, IM me, or you could bug other more knowledgeable people out there lol. -_-Cheers.

I know someone has already explained but anyways:CPANEL > MySQL DatabasesScroll down untill you see:USERNAME: PASSWORD:Type that in what every your user name is it is adding onto your CPANEL NAME.. e.g [mines Bexa] Bexa_MYSQL. The user name is MYSQL. Password i what YOU make upThen scroll back up you will see : MySQL Database:Type in the name you want for your Database E.G TEST.. so it will be [FOR ME ONLY] Bexa_Test for the database name.A little below that you will see: Grant permissions on a MySQL database to a MySQL user.Click the drop down menus until you find the USER: and the MySQL Database:.And then in privaledges you can tick ALL.And then click on 'Grant Permissions'Thats done..So you should be able to fill in the information which is automatically install the needed tables into the database.For DATABASE HOST: You can just type in LOCALHOST You'll get use to it in a while it's really easy!