xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cool_Freaker

Ps2 Not Recognising Psone Disks? Cannot read them?...

Only recently have I had problems with my PS2... I tried playing Final Fantasy VIII, but somehow it doesn't work. I'm sure I have played FFVIII on my PS2 before, without any hassle, however when I try now, I can hear the disk going *criiiish*. The disk spins around and I think the laser is trying to read it, or move around the disk. When I do finally eject it after no activity on the screen, it seems to me like the edges have been scratched in a circular pattern by the Playstation 2. Is this possible? I know the disks were in very good condition before hand, and are still pretty good now, nothing compared to some of the really bad disks I have of Need for Speed: Hot Persuit and Tekken 3.Incidentally, only some games don't work properly. Namely, the Final Fantasies are having issues, 7, 8 and 9. I am inserting the first disk, and I have played all three on my Playstation 2 before. Also, other PSone disks work fine. They're all real disks and same region, and the Playstation has not moved an inch from it's spot - it hasn't been wet, dropped or anything. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

Not with ps1 disks but with the ps2 disks themselves! Once you've played the disk lots of times and have advanced very far the disks don't read but you can't find anything wrong with them! It only happens with the games I like and all never with the ones I hate. I can those as many times as I want but they don't break.Weird really!

well let me school you all in some playstion 101 since im like playstion guruthat wonderful sound you hear is the wear and tear of the system my first ps2 literally did not stop work until have 3 years of heavy use of it your disks are fine just as long you don't have any deep gashes in them.