xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Saint-michael Html Tips And Tricks Issue #3 exploring meta tags and what uses they have

Todays issue we are going to talk about a bunch of good newbie stuff. The first is meta tags to make it easy use a generator, from my searches on the internet ther are soe many meta tags to use its not even funny but for those whoe like them is are the more common ones that are used for a website.

<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="blu"> <META NAME="description" CONTENT="lue"> <META NAME="abstract" CONTENT="blue"> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Language" CONTENT="EN"> <META NAME="author" CONTENT="blue"> <META NAME="distribution" CONTENT="Global"> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:28:58 GMT"> <META NAME="revisit-after" CONTENT="100 days"> <META NAME="copyright" CONTENT="blu 2004"> <META NAME="robots" CONTENT="FOLLOW,INDEX">

also for a dynamic look using the meta this called page fading so to speak, what it does when you click on a link the website will fade for a duration of time to the next page on your site warning it doesn't do anything when you first click on the site

<meta http-equiv="Page-Enter" content="blendTrans(Duration=2.0)">

i wont go into detail but this website that i have found has some useful info click here Next i will talk about decorating your forms by the use of cgi php or what not it can be customized an anyway possible the for i got set up here is example on to decorate a form in just html mind you just pay attention to the decoration part of this example

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="http://cgi21.freedback.com/mail.pl; target="_blank"> <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="to" VALUE="saint_zodiac@yahoo.com"> <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="subject" VALUE="SUBJECT OF YOUR MESSAGE"> <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="from" VALUE="YOUR URL HERE"> <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="admin" VALUE="YOUR E-MAIL HERE"> <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="language" VALUE="en"> <p> <input name="NAME" value="NAME" size=20 style="background-color:transparent; color:#123456; font-face: verdana; font-size: 8pt; border: 1 #123456 dotted"> <br> <input name="E-MAIL" value="E-MAIL" size=20 style="background-color:transparent; color:#123456; font-face: verdana; font-size: 8pt; border: 1 #123456 dotted"> <br> <input name="URL" value="YOUR WEBSITE ADDRESS" size=20 style="background-color: transparent;color:#123456; font-face: verdana; font-size: 8pt; border: 1 #123456 dotted"> <br> <INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="Submit" VALUE="Send" style="background-color:transparent; color:#123456; font-face: verdana; font-size: 8pt; border: 1 #123456 dotted"> <INPUT TYPE="reset" NAME="Reset" VALUE="Start Over" style="background-color: transparent; color:#123456; font-face: verdana; font-size: 8pt; border: 1 #123456 dotted"> </FORM>

as you can see this form is transparent into the background color of your website which is a cool i think. next we are going to talk about url or links to your website can't have a useful website without links well unless your just displaying pics and stuff but lets start off with the basics

thats the basic link but wait their is more to it, you can be really surprised for the novice users and what you can do with links, for an example you can tell the link what to do when it is click on, like opening a new window

<A HREF="https://www.salesforce.com/products/platform/overview/; TARGET="resource window">Text Text Text</A>

another way to make your link dynamic so to speak is addind a description to like this

this next link tip is useful for those who use FAQS on their website with process all the user has to do is click on the link and they are brought to that section of the website

you put this tag next to the info that the person will click to <A NAME="Anyname">Bla, bla, bla</A> this will be the actual link that they click on <A HREF="#Anyname">Go back to bla, bla, bla</A>

and to finish up you can do more with links using css scripts which makes it even better. well thats it for issue #3 look for many more issue to come on Xisto.com PEACE