xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spawn_syxx9

Memory/saving On The New Ps2 issue/question

Ok well I bought Soul Blade that originally came out on Playstation pre PSone. But I have a new slim Playstation 2. The Soul Blade game works and I have 2 PS2 memory cards that both have lots of space but the game doesn't seem to recognize them as even being in the console. What should I do?Buy a playstation 1 memory card?

hey spawn you cannot save ps1 games on ps2 memory canrds and visa versa

Yeah, you need a PS1 memory card in order to save your PS1 games.It's the same with PS2 games. You need the PS2 memory card.If you're playing a PS1 game but have a PS2 memory card in the slot, the console won't pick it up because it's the wong format.I had that trouble when I was playing Final Fantasy VIII. I had to go and buy a memory card especially for it. -_-

Gotcha. Thank you for that insight. I figured as much but at the same time I found it kinda absurd.

actually i just thought about it you can save your ps1 games on the memory card you just won't be able to play it off that memory card duh i can't believe i forgot that.it simple start your ps2 with no disk and the memory cards go to memory card copy ps1 data and paste on the ps2 card and their you go i can't geruntee that it will work if you recopy and then paste it over again

Well it will be ok. Thank you for the idea man. I think I'll try that. Though I first need to get a PS1 card anyway.