xisto Community

WHAT IS PHP? -_- Im talking about the php that you use so that you make all your information in text files! :D what's the code that you put on the space that you want to put the information and what are the links to other pages on your site? Could someone help me out? Thanks, Oh My Bosh.

I really do not understand what you are saying. If you are looking for a PHP overview, you should just visit PHP official site. If you are looking for any other thing please formulte your question again.

Okay, I'm going to give you a mini-tutorial on PHP using the little question mark thing that you're asking. Ready?

1. Create a file named testphp.php

2. Open testphp.php and copy and paste the following:

<?php $myname = $_GET["name"]; echo "Hello, " . $myname . "!\n\nEnjoying your first PHP page?";?>
3. Save testphp.php

4. Upload testphp.php onto your cpanel. I'd put it inside your public_html folder but no deeper than that.

5. Now, in your browser, go you http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, and you should see

Hello, ohmybosh

Enjoying your first PHP page?

Remember to change yourdomain in the URL above to yourdomain

You can even change "ohmybosh" in the URL to some other name, and see the effect.

Cool, huh? -_-

Ha, I also didn't know about php- then I wanted a site after I became familiar with it. :( Its not that hard to learn. The way I learned was downloading the LUE2 sorce, and just looking at it and doing MINOR changes to see what it did. I also had a PB site, so that kinda helped me off when I had to add new stuff to my already sucky site. Just make sure you dont edit somethings- use common sence, like dont change <B> to <bumblebee> or something. :(