xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rustypaulin

Subdomains

There is no way to get subdomains like that because that would mean two accounts on Xisto, and that is against the rules.

However, you can make a sub-sub domain for your resicuatro.trap17.com subdomain to make it look like mariocircuit.resicuatro.trap17.com. I know that's a long URL, but there are many URL redirects that you can use that will significantly shorten that. One example is http://tinyurl.com/

To make a sub-sub domain, go to your cpanel, and click on Manage Subdomains (or something to that effect), and follow the instructions. -_-

If you buy a domain name, then you go make mariocircuit.yourdomain.com...

Hope that helps, and good luck with whatever you're doing! :D

what if i buy a domain for mariocircuit.com can i then have resicuatro.mariocircuit.com or would i have to get my cpanel acount changed to make it mariocircuit.trap17.com instead of resicuatro?

137355[/snapback]

If you buy a subdomain called mariocircuit. then you can have resicuatro.mariocircuit.com. I think all you need to do is go to the settings or control panel at wherever you registered your domain name, and enter in Xisto's nameservers (ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com) in the spaces provided. Then, log into your cpanel for resicuatro.trap17.com, and go to addon domains, and enter mariocircuit.com. Every should set itself up for you.

Now, go to Manage Subdomains in your cpanel, and set up a subdomain for resicuatro.mariocircuit.com. -_-

Yes, you would have to get your cpanel account changed to make mariocircuit.trap17.com.

I believe you can change your current subdomain, resicuatro.trap17.com to mariocircuit.trap17.com. Go to http://forums.xisto.com/topic/173-free-web-hosting-change-of-domain-name/ and request for it. However, you cannot have mariocircuit.trap17.com and resicuatro.trap17.com. It's one or the other. :D

Get a .tk account and have that go to resicuatro.mariocircuit.com.Whats wrong with having resicuatro.mariocircuit.com.It doesnt sound bad.

Get a .tk account and have that go to resicuatro.mariocircuit.com.

Whats wrong with having resicuatro.mariocircuit.com.

It doesnt sound bad.

137362[/snapback]

.tk domains, in my opinion, are really bad. They are unprofessional because everyone knows that only amateurs use them to redirect or mask their site to give visitors the impression that they have a domain name. I'd recommend spending 10 dollars a year (the most) and getting a .com, .info, .org, .net, or .travel. After the year is over, spend another 10 bucks and renew it. If you think about it, it's not that expensive since the average kid gets more than 10 bucks for his birthday and special holidays such as Christmas.

resicuatro.mariocircuit.com is way too long. I would probably never remember it, but that's just me. -_-