xisto Community
FuChelle

Hotlink Protection I cant get it to work...

I can't seem to be able to get hotlink protection to work properly on my site. Whenever I enable it, none of the images on my site will show up.In the 'URL's to allow acces' box, I've got the URL to my site as well as the URLs to subdomains I've set up but when I click the 'Activate' button I can't see any of my pictures.I tried ticking the 'Allow direct requests' box, and then activating. I could see my pictures when I did that, but then I tried direct linking to one of my pics from my old web host and it showed up.Can someone help me? How can I get my images to show up on my website but not have anyone else be able to direct link them from their own site?Thanks -_-

Try the helpdesk, its faster.Also think!, Do i really need hotlink, No!Dont be paranoid.LOL -_-:D .Hope you get a reply soon.Thanks,FFC Webmaster,Asad Haider.

Put this in your .htaccess file.

The .htaccess file has to be in the root folder of your site.

RewriteEngine OnRewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(www\.)?yourdomain.com/.*$ [NC]RewriteRule \.(jpe?g|gif|bmp|png)$ - [F]

I edited my .htaccess file and that was already written in there. I tried rewriting it your way as well just to be sure but it's still not working.I don't know what I'm doing wrong...Thanks for your help anyway.

This happened to me yesterday,I enabled Hotlink for all my sub-domains.Then later i made a new sub-domain and this was not in the list as it was created afterwoulds.So i had too stop hotlink, Refresh, and start it again so my new sub-domain would also be included. Because in my sub-domain none of the images were showing up.So just: stop hotlink, Refresh, and start it.Thanks,FFC Webmaster,Asad Haider.