xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
psyfish

Hobbits New species of humans found

I was watching 60 minutes a few hours ago and apparently a new species of humans have been found, they're about 3 feet tall and have brains about the size of a grapefruit. They call this species the hobbit because of it's height. They say that the hobbit, lived on this planet about 18 000 years ago which meens not too long ago we wern't alone. Some people on the island say that they have seen the species many years ago. They say that they were short, hairy and wore no clothes.

The skeleton of the the new species was found on a island in indonesia. At first they thought it was a small child but then they realized that it was a 30 year old women.

They say that although they're brains were small, they were very intellingent. They had they're own forms of language, had tools, and had discovered fire.

One person says that they are not a new species, but they are just humans with some wort of disease.

If you would like more information on this topic then you can go to this link here:
In Search Of The Hobbit

I think it would be really cool if they found some that are still alive. If the stories of the people who live on the islands are true then they're still moght be some alive, probobally not on that island but they're are 1700 islands in indonesia. But I doubt that they would find any.

Notice from s243a:
I edited over your post by mistake. Fortunately the back button worked. So everything should be write.

Edited by s243a (see edit history)

Shouldn?t they be able to tell if it is a new species with a DNA test?

DNA test... I don't think the bodies still have hair left (or living tissue)... Don't some people today have the same height as the hobbits (due to a disease)? How could they know that the hobbits discovered fire? That's a rather rash thing to conclude. If they're real, then JR Tolkien... *shudders* How could he know that?Anyway, I saw a documentary in National Geographic Channel (forgot what it was exactly, but it was about evolution of humans). They included the hobbits there as well.

If they're real, then JR Tolkien... *shudders* How could he know that?

137184[/snapback]

They're called hobbits because they're small, like if someone found people with ears like an elf, people would call it elf.

I heard about that a while ago. For some reason I didn't think that it was that old...oh well. There was a documentary or something about it here a few months back and they said that the first group of scientists that looked at the skeleton made a mistake about saying that it was a new species and this new scientist said it was a pygmy person. There are still pygmys living around the islands of Indonesia where the skeleton was found so that is what I think is most likely. Somebody else said it was a child's skeleton, and someone else said that it was a person with this disease where they couldn't grow very tall or something but I think they were proven wrong.I don't believe in evolution so I'm going with the pygmy person...it makes sense and the scientist that said that still hasn't been proven wrong. And the pygmy people still living in Indonesia makes it even more plausible. That's just what I think anyway.

i don't see what the big deal is. There are "hobbits" all over the place right now. They are called midgets... they are adults who are really short. What makes them unique? Why would they be considered another type of human? I don't really understand why they aren't just midgets.

i don't see what the big deal is.  There are "hobbits" all over the place right now.  They are called midgets... they are adults who are really short.  What makes them unique?  Why would they be considered another type of human?  I don't really understand why they aren't just midgets.

137459[/snapback]

Thats why I asked about the DNA test. A DNA test could be used to tell if it is a different species. I thought you could do DNA tests on bones or fossils. Wasnt that the premise behind Jurassic Park? BTW can you have a different species of humans? Were Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal different species or different races. I no you can have defferent species of primates. Any biology people here? How about a different species of hominid. Would that be correct?

They're called hobbits because they're small, like if someone found people with ears like an elf, people would call it elf.

I know. But I was implying that if they discovered those remains recently, and since Tolkien lived years before that, how could he possibly know that hobbits were those small people. Unless that was already the vocabulary in those days. I'm not really sure about this. Hold on, did Tolkien invent this word, or did it come form another origin?

If he invented it, then it must be no surprise that the scientists will call the small people hobbits.

OK, I'm starting to confuse myself.

just to let some of you know the word pygmies comes to mind, but yeah i did hear about it though but i question if its just remains of kids but dna testing can be done in different ways bone marrow works too but i thought i did see some hair on one of pics that they showed on tvand on the post about what makes them unique would be their age and possible how "small people" genes works but now im talking out of my butt so i will end it right there.