xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dark

Quake 4 When?

HiI ain't an avid fan like most of you but have heard mentionned of a Quake 4. Is this true? When should it be out and will it be like quake 3 or more like quake 1 & 2?Thanks a lotPatrick

Yes,

Quake 4 Will be released, I is mainly the same as The other quakes, but graphics like Doom3. I am also excited about it, as I still play 3. :D Here are some screenies:

Posted Image

Enjoy -_-

~Hurley

PC: Quake 4 - Copyright GameSpy.com

With all the attention focused on the development of DOOM 3 over the past few years, the team at Raven Software has been able to enjoy some peace and quiet working on Quake 4, which is also using the cutting-edge DOOM 3 technology. To date, there's only been a few nuggets of information released about the game, which is actually a sequel to Quake II.

Today, Activision passed along a slightly expanded synopsis for the game written by Raven's Eric Biessman, along with one of the few screenshots we've seen to date:

Earth is under siege by an alien race. The Strogg are cybernetic warriors -- a mechanical frame and decaying body parts stabilized by flesh consumed in a systematic annihilation of other species and civilizations. In a desperate attempt to survive a Strogg attack on Earth, an armada of Earth's finest warriors is sent to take the battle to the Strogg home planet. Earth's initial assault force is nearly annihilated immediately, but one marine manages to infiltrate the base, bring down their planetary defense systems, and kill the Strogg's collective brain and leader -- the Makron. Earth assumed the destruction of the Makron would end it all, but it didn't.

That's where QUAKE II leaves off and QUAKE 4 begins.

The Strogg are quickly regrouping. However, with the Strogg's planetary defenses still destroyed, Earth's forces can deliver a full and final assault. This time, you're not alone. You are Matthew Kane, an elite member of Rhino Squad, and part of Earth's next invasion wave. An army of soldiers are fighting with you and an arsenal of weapons and vehicles are at your disposal in this heroic and epic battle between worlds.

The mechanized Strogg race are once again your main opposition in Quake 4.

Considering we already knew the game would continue the Strogg storyline from Quake II, there's not a lot of new information in this synopsis, although we now have the name of the man behind whatever guns Raven can dream up for the sequel: Matthew Kane. It's also hard to miss the similarities between this screenshot and most of DOOM 3 -- it'll be interesting to see if Quake 4 has a similar focus on dramatic lighting and indoor areas, or if we'll get to spend a little more time outdoors with the vehicles announced to be part of the action.

It's already been announced that Quake 4 will make an appearance at the annual QuakeCon event in Texas this August; we can only assume we'll be hearing a lot more about the game in the coming months, so check back regularly for the latest news.

PC: Quake 4 - Copyright GameSpy.com

With all the attention focused on the development of DOOM 3 over the past few years, the team at Raven Software has been able to enjoy some peace and quiet working on Quake 4, which is also using the cutting-edge DOOM 3 technology. To date, there's only been a few nuggets of information released about the game, which is actually a sequel to Quake II.

Today, Activision passed along a slightly expanded synopsis for the game written by Raven's Eric Biessman, along with one of the few screenshots we've seen to date:

? ? Earth is under siege by an alien race. The Strogg are cybernetic warriors -- a mechanical frame and decaying body parts stabilized by flesh consumed in a systematic annihilation of other species and civilizations. In a desperate attempt to survive a Strogg attack on Earth, an armada of Earth's finest warriors is sent to take the battle to the Strogg home planet. Earth's initial assault force is nearly annihilated immediately, but one marine manages to infiltrate the base, bring down their planetary defense systems, and kill the Strogg's collective brain and leader -- the Makron. Earth assumed the destruction of the Makron would end it all, but it didn't.

? ? That's where QUAKE II leaves off and QUAKE 4 begins.

? ? The Strogg are quickly regrouping. However, with the Strogg's planetary defenses still destroyed, Earth's forces can deliver a full and final assault. This time, you're not alone. You are Matthew Kane, an elite member of Rhino Squad, and part of Earth's next invasion wave. An army of soldiers are fighting with you and an arsenal of weapons and vehicles are at your disposal in this heroic and epic battle between worlds.

The mechanized Strogg race are once again your main opposition in Quake 4.

Considering we already knew the game would continue the Strogg storyline from Quake II, there's not a lot of new information in this synopsis, although we now have the name of the man behind whatever guns Raven can dream up for the sequel: Matthew Kane. It's also hard to miss the similarities between this screenshot and most of DOOM 3 -- it'll be interesting to see if Quake 4 has a similar focus on dramatic lighting and indoor areas, or if we'll get to spend a little more time outdoors with the vehicles announced to be part of the action.

It's already been announced that Quake 4 will make an appearance at the annual QuakeCon event in Texas this August; we can only assume we'll be hearing a lot more about the game in the coming months, so check back regularly for the latest news.

137203[/snapback]

Yes, Quake 4 will not be like Quake 3 at all. Which may sound unfortunate to most, to me, it sounds great.

I always did like the storyline behind Quake II, as well as the game technology and the overall experience of playing it and... FINALLY beating it that one day a few years ago.

I've heard that Quake 4 will feature squad-based, FPS play both in small, indoor areas and large, broad outdoor terrains. Only time will tell if this is true, and, if so, whether or not the developers have successfully pulled it all off into a rightful sequel to one of the best-selling game franchises ever shipped.

I've heard thta quake 4 is expected to come out this year. The reason is that the whole game is based on Doom 3 engine which shortens the game development time in many times. This also means that requirements for that game will be as higher as for Doom 3 and if they add something themselves - maybe even higher. I think that so far 2 of the major series of Quake were very successfull in professional (competitive) gaming, and if Quake 4 is going to be originally designed for continuation of that purpose, they will not reach any success only because they engine is not so "playable" as it has to be in competitive and very dynamic gaming. Anyways we'll wait for it patiently, maybe they are going to make a surprise for all fans of theQuake triology and I also making a big upgrade of my coputer, because I'm one of those fans:) (AMD 64 3500+, 2Gb Ram, 2 x 74Gb SATA Raid 10000RPM, Gigabyte NVidia GeForce 6800GT)

This will be awesome. I can't wait for the next quake. I have been an avid fan of Quake ever since I got into FPS games 2 years ago, and while I don't own one copy of any of the games (my town SUCKS, no card shops or game stores, just clothes) I have almost beaten Quake 1 which I borrowed from my friend, and I play DeathMatch Classic, a remake of Quake 1. I have a Quake 2 thing I got from the Ubuntu Linux Repositories, its a demo where you can play the first couple of levels. It's a great game, though I have an error with the saving I need to rectify.I play the Quake 3 demo all of the time. I love that one. The only thing I don't like about this one is that it gives many people the impression that Quake is totally a senseless deathmatch series, which I believed until I played all of the Quakes. While it does have AMAZING senseless deathmatch, its has great sprawling single player modes like the Doom series does. I can't wait to see a return of the focus on Single Player modes in Quake4.I hope my machine can handle it!

I've seen lately some movie clips from E3 presentation where John Fatal1ty Vendel was testing the game and was actually challenging some newbies :P Overall what I've heard about the game so far is that its gonna have higher speeds than previous quakes and that its actually a combination of the best features from quake, Doom 3 and original quake 3 arena, which sounds amazing to me.