xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
j-s

Simple questions...

Hi ! I got my wonderful hosting at Xisto, but I've got few questions. 1- If I run out of bandwidth, what happens ? Account deleted ? 2- If I need, let's say, 10mb more in my package 1, may I ask for it even if I haven't posted 50 posts ? 3- Oh yeah... When I want to delete PHPMyChat, taht I installed just to try it, my ftp program goes a bit crazy... why ? How can I delete PhpMyChat ?Thanks in advance !

1) No, you just cannot access the site. It replenishes at the end of each month so make sure you dont go over :(2) Im pretty sure u cant. Pm Admin for more information.3) Did you use Addon-Scripts to install it? If so go to your addon-scripts control panel. Select Php-my-chat and select remove. (If u didnt add it through there then go to where you added it from. It should have a remove button)Hope i was of some help to you.

Just a side note that for deleting large file and directory structures (such as that which are used by complete applications, like IPB or PHPMyChat), it is better to use the File Manager that is a part of cPanel. As this sends commands directly to the local server, extensive directory structures can be removed instantly. Because an FTP client acts seperately from the server, it has to filter through all the directories and enumerate all existing files and folders to delete them one by one.

ok. thanks.but in the file manager, why can't I browse my files ? Cuz' when I click on one folder, i can only delet it, rename it, etc. but i cant explore it.And where precisely do i put my site files ? In public_html or in www (like in esayphp) ?

ok. thanks.
but in the file manager, why can't I browse my files ? Cuz' when I click on one folder, i can only delet it, rename it, etc. but i cant explore it.

And where precisely do i put my site files ? In public_html or in www (like in esayphp) ?

You don't click the text itself(thats for the options) click the little icon to the LEFT of the text to explore it. oh and make sure you upload all your stuff in public_html.

ok. so i upload in public_html...and when i transfer my site with ftp, does the files i transfer make my bandwidth go up ? (ex : if i upload a 500kb file, will my bw be 499.5/500mo ?)thanks for your support... :(oh and do you synchronize your servers with an atomic clock ?