xisto Community
yusri

How To Restore Backup Registry if registry encounters a problem

Actually, your system always backup your registry everydays. Each time you restart your computer, Registry Checker automatically scans your registry and replaces the registry with the backup if an error occur.However, my computer can't automatically restore the registry because a 'stupid' virus...so I use this:Click on Start->Run and type "scanreg /restore" (without the quotes)Again, I can't restore back because that 'stupid' virus.I know that I can't even use scanreg /restore at SAFE MODE.So this last method 100% work for me -_-Using your boot disk(you can create it by going to Add/Remove Programs in control panel)Insert and turn on/restart your computerFollow on whatever on the screenThen, type "scanreg /restore" (without the quotes)Now, I'm happy! :D

I get an error message sayin-'System cannot find 'scanreg /restore'.'I'm usin-xp/Longhorn/Win 98/Win 95/Win2000 or me/Unix type OS/Red hat linux/Xandros desktop/lindows-All roled up into 1 terra.b hardrive.By the way i was usin xp when the error came.And you can get software too backup the registry.Thanks,FFC Webmaster,Asad Haider.

You can also back up your registry by typing "regedit" inside the run command, and exporting the keys you want to backup. Also, Symantec has also included some instructions on their site.

Dude, if you want to scan error and make backup anytime you want just go to System Information in System Tools the name is Registry Checker.

Hi you came up with good tut.thanks for the tips.well do you know about windows system resource how win 9x and xp handles system resource.i m sure there is lot of need to learn from system resource.cause our aapp crashing is all about system resource.