xisto Community
candicej

Xbox Locks Up Trying to find the cause of XBOX locking up.

My XBOX seems to lock up alot as of lately. It started this when I placed it in the TV center where the VCR/DVD is located. I am wondering if maybe it is getting to hot in that small space and if that would cause the lock ups. Has anyone ever dealt with this type of issue?Thanks

It might be just the X-Box, The components.Has it fallen or anything lately?Thanks,FFC Webmaster,Asad Haider.

To find out if it is 'locking up' because of getting too hot, take it back out of the small area and see how it runs.I haven't heard of that type of problem before with the Xbox, so I think it would be some other kind of problem like the components eg. DVD drive, hard drive, processing unit or even the game disc may be badly damaged.

I may have to check the components, it does seem to resemble a hard drive issue sometimes. The box tends to lock up on any game, so that rules out a bad disc.The console has not been dropped or anything of that nature. However, that would have narrowed it down. -_-Thanks for the input, I will post a reply if I find out what is up. Also, would anyone know where I could get a HDD replacement, or can I use a standard HDD?Thanks,

again i like to say thats why xbox blows cuz to many programming problem hahahahaha

Your console is also out of warranty, I assume. From memory, the Xbox has a one year warranty. Is the 'lock up' more like the game failing to load or simply freezing during game play?As for replacement parts, there are always people selling Xbox parts on Ebay, otherwise I can't help besides suggesting buying a new Xbox [or possibly wait for the next-generation box].

Since my last post I have not had an issue with my XBOX locking up. As theRealSheep suggested about taking it out of the small area to see if it was getting hot seems to have been the issue. This makes sense considering that XBOX is really nothing more than a gaming computer. Thanks everyone for the tips.Saint_Michael - "To each is his own". We had looked at every console available on the market before choosing the XBOX. The deciding factor was the Graphic output, and the built in Hard Drive. So, in my opinion, and again this is only my opinion, the XBOX was, and is, the better choice. To say that the XBOX blows is your opinion. However, I did not come here for an opinion debate on whose console "blows" or not. I came here for troubleshooting an issue. Never the less, thank you for your honesty on how you feel about the XBOX.