xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kapua11

What Music Does To You... How does music make you feel and escape?

Music is so great! It's definitely tied to emotions- I don't know how it does that. Pretty cool stuff, when you think about it! When I'm feeling all "I'm-on-a-sugar-high" spunky/happy, I listen to ska. (Five Iron Frenzy, OC Supertones)When I'm depressed, I listen to emo-ish stuff. (Cool Hand Luke- they are kind of melancholy but hopeful at the same time) When I want to be alone, I turn on some hardcore- nobody dares come in my room with that stuff on! lol. (Project 86, Haste the Day, Underoath, etc)For everything else, there's Relient K!

When I'm about to go party I have a "Lets Feel Good" playlist with stuff ranging from Brand New - Sic transit glora (cool pop punk) too Dire Straights - Money for nothing (awesome 80's pump it up music)When i'm love-struck there's nothing like Sinatra.When i'm in a bad mood and want to feel better "The Get Up Kids" are greatWhen I'm in a bad mood and want to just sit in that feeling "Dashboard Confessionals"Lets say i'm just feelin good n wanna rock out I'll mostly listen to harder punk/screamo stuff like 'coheed and cambra',underoath,Zao, My Chemical Romance and such.Music is so good eh?Oh and a great relax and enjoy life band is Rilo Kiley (specifically their latest album More Adventurous"

eh, music is really the only escape for me... I even out the music on the equalizer, then crank it to where the only thing i can hear, is my thoughts, and what ever is going on, on my computer. Some of the best times thinking realy...

Well, considering that I am tone-deaf music doesn't really do much for me. I like my peace & quite! However, music does help me think creatively, and so when I am building something original I like to listen to various kinds of music.Mainly I listen to music for the lyrics rather then the melodies, which is probably why I listen to alot of Hip-Hop/Gangsta Rap like Eminem; it's always fun to hear what he is going to say next!I like Tupac for his intellectual depth -- you just have to listen to what he says and you'll find he is sincere, not just another gangsta..But mostly, I would have to say Alternative gives me the most creative thoughts, because nothing is ever direct and you have to warp the ideas in your mind to understand the meaning (or what you think is the meaning).:(

I actually like new age, classical, and opera when I'm trying to be or am actually calm.Japanese rock and pop is good when hyper >D and techno.I also like gothic rock too and medieval music.

it really depends on my mood and the day. but mainly i like certain type of music and i do listen to the lyrics, not only the music.i usually listen to pop music(avril levigne, linkin park,chinese,japanese) in the day and some soft music in the night, like couple of hours before i go to bed. but i have to say chinese is better in soft music! :(

Music is very important in my life. I am always listening music (if I can). At home in the computer or the hi-fi, when I travel by car, when I go out with a discman or and mp3... walking, in the bus, train, underground... doesn?t matter.I listen mainly alternative rock but I like lots of genres... in fact, except the highly commercial pop and r?n?b, and irrelevant dance-oriented techno, I think I like or at least respect everything.Music has a strong influence in me... a song from Weezer can make me happy when I?m sad, one from Sepultura can awake me when I?m tired, one from Stooges can give me strength, one from Nirvana can make me feel nostalgic and one from Nick Cave can make me think... I love songs that make me think. I have records for different ocassions, you know. For a rainy cold day at home in winter, for example Beck?s Sea Change, for a sunday morning whatever from the first era of the Ramones, for a depressed time, Alice In Chains? Dirt, for a soft drug session Welcome to the Sky Valley of Kyuss, for a little paranoia Confussion is Sex of Sonic Youth, etc.As the 90% of the music that I hear is in english, it?s also good for me because it helps me to learn the language further, although sometimes when you realize that one of your favourite artists only says nonsenses, it?s hard. :(

It depends of my mood too. But no matter if I'm happy, sad, angry or anything, it always makes me feel better. What would make you feel better than listening to Losing Grip by Avril Lavigne (or some song of that kind) after some guy has broke your heart?When I'm happy, I almost always listen to Michelle Branch, Maroon5, Marion Raven... There's a thing about Sunday Morning (by Maroon5) that makes me wanna move. Suddenly, I forget of the world I am in and it's just me, dancing like crazy.When I'm sad, I try to listen to happy songs, so Sunday Morning would be in this list too. But any music makes me feel better. I know that when I have a depression attack, all I have to do is press play on my CD player and sing along. There's just this powerful feeling that comes over when I listen to music that makes me remember I'm not alone.When I'm tired, I listen to some song I love (something of Michelle Branch would do great here) and in just an instant, I wanna stay awake to keep on listening.When I'm angry, it's Marion Raven or Avril Lavigne. I put the angriest song I can find (and that I can relate to) and sing at the top of my lungs, imagining I'm singing it to that someone that made me feel so bad. Then after some time, I'll eventually feel better about it. The more the screaming, the better.Music does to me... the unbelievable. I don't imagine myself without it. It's just this powerful feeling... Ok, I got too inspired :(

Nine Inch Nails makes me feel...exhilirated, uplifted, invincible, powerful, hurt, intoxicated, high, groovy, lost, orgasmic, drowsy, like me.Static-X makes me feel...poweful, fast, speed, invincible, rush, awesome.Music is the perfect drug.